We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast ferry Cebu to Dumaguete

oregon
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fast ferry Cebu to Dumaguete

We are traveling by fast ferry, probably the 7:30 am, from Cebu to Dumaguete on April 21. I believe that this is a very busy travel time of year. Do these ferries sell out at all or do they sell out early? Should I pre-book, and how early? Any tips on the whole ferry interaction/trip? We are also ferrying from Dumaguete to Bohol.

Thanks for the help

NC
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Fast ferry Cebu to Dumaguete

MY flight will be around 2-3pm in Cebu. I was planning on catching the fastjet that morning at 7am and arriving in Cebu around 11-12 giving me a couple hours to get to the airport.

Potentially cutting it close....

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,366 posts
1,660 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Fast ferry Cebu to Dumaguete

Not recommended. Arrive the night before.

If bad weather cancells the ferry you will miss your flight.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,303 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Fast ferry Cebu to Dumaguete

Are you going to Manila? You may want to re-route your flight to Dumaguete-Manila.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Fast ferry Cebu to Dumaguete

MY flight will be around 2-3pm in Cebu. I was planning on catching the fastjet that morning at 7am and arriving in Cebu around 11-12 giving me a couple hours to get to the airport.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't even think about it!

My longest trip from the centre of Cebu City to the airport was 2 hours. Yesterday may have been one of those days. Coming from Consolacion yesterday heading into Cebu city, I passed a whole bunch of traffic backed up from the turn off to the old bridge past the Manduae City hospital, My first thought when realising how far the traffic was backed up was... 2 hour trip. That was in the middle of the day.

35. Re: Fast ferry Cebu to Dumaguete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dumaguete City