We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is better manila or dumaguete?

Which Dumaguete City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guangzhou, China
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
which is better manila or dumaguete?

Hello, I wanna choose one place for travel in PHP, manila or Dumaguete city? Could anyone give me idea which one is better, and cheaper?

also, what is the nearest airport in Dumaguete city? And how far ?How much to D? TKS

Edited: 10:17 pm, March 07, 2013
Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: which is better manila or dumaguete?

Justin,

I think I suggested Dumaguete in another thread. ;)

It has often been said about Dumaguete being a University town. It is synonymous with Silliman U but there are other universities around.

Dumaguete offered the first writer's workshop in Asia apparently, with Filipino writers writing in English. Even before the influx of Persians and Koreans in the country, had the most number of international students in the Philippines. The school has also ranked next to the three UP's in a ten year study of board exam scores. Actually that study showed most of the schools fr Visayas and Mindanao in the top ten and several top schools in Manila not figuring in the top ten. Frankly, I am not into rankings at all but I know some people find it helps them decide. There are a lot of good schools and even better schools outside Manila. In the end the term BEST is subjective anyways.

So it depends what your preferences are.

12. Re: which is better manila or dumaguete?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dumaguete City