We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

I have tried to find day trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon but not successful. I can only find day trips from Oslob, Cebu.

Does anyone has any idea how do I go about this?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Oslob
Oslob
Cebu Island, Philippines
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,192 posts
2,170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

You can travel by bus and ferry from Dumaguete City to Bato, Oslob.

There are a couple of different ways:

www.pueblophilippines.com/cebu-to-dumaguete

Edited: 4:27 am, April 08, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Dumaguete City
Dumaguete City
Negros Island, Philippines
Oslob
Oslob
Cebu Island, Philippines
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/sumilon.php

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

Thanks Vlad and Clare.

I know of this route but it is far too long. 4 hours of fast craft is just too long for me.

Guess I got to give up Sumilon then. :(

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

MOUSEHUNT,

You can hire boats fr Silliman beach to Sumilon. Starts at 2000-2500. You can ask them to wait for you while you check Sumilon. It only takes 20-30mins, depending on weather conditions to reach Sumilon.

5. Re: Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, August 26, 2012
6. Re: Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, August 26, 2012
China
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

you can take a tuktuk from dumaguete airport to subulan pier, then take a fast ferry to lio-an pier, then take tuktuk to sumilon blue water island office, the sumilon one day tour monday-frriday price is 1500P/person, saturaday to sunday is 2000p/person.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

If you were in Thailand you could take a tuk tuk. In the Philippines you won't be understood if you ask for or refer to things in Thai language. There is a similar (though not exactly the same) form of motorized transportation available called a tricycle. Ask for this by name, you'll be pointed in the right direction. Ask for tuk tuk, rickshaw etc and you'll just be met with blank looks. These are not Filipino things.

Mentioned in this post
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

Mousehunt, you can certainly do the DIY method as outlined above, it is quite easy and straightforward. You can also do the organised trip with Harolds Mansion Tourist inn, in Dumaguete. Though I am sure the cost will be much greater. I have used there dive tours before to Apo, They are well organised in my opinion. You can contact them on 09173024455 [globe]

Mentioned in this post
Harolds Mansion
Harolds Mansion
516 Reviews
Negros Island, Philippines
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Trip from Dumaguete to Sumilon

Hi Phoenix & Jennifer,

Thanks for the advice. What is holding me back is the time needed to travel from Dumaguete to Sumilon.

It is 4 hours one way am I right?