We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a driver with an airconditioned van for a day trip

New Zealand
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Need a driver with an airconditioned van for a day trip

HI there,

I'm in Dumaguete right now and would like to hire a van with a driver to do a day trip to Malatapay Markets and Antulang.

Can anybody recommend anyone for me please?

Thank you.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a driver with an airconditioned van for a day trip

LaleeNZ,

....Dumaguete Rental Car....call 09173564975/09086042429. Talk to Cherylynn or stop by at Casablanca Resto in Roxas. That's a contact annex. While you are Casablanca, say hi to Gunther, the owner. He serves some outstanding dishes. an outstanding restaurant.

....Relay to Chrelynn, you've been referred to by "Lorenzo".

...Enjoy Dumaguete, the best city in the Visayas. :-)

Papalo

New Zealand
Level Contributor
152 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a driver with an airconditioned van for a day trip

Thank you so much! The Trip Advisor community is fantastic! Will give her a call this morning.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
94 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a driver with an airconditioned van for a day trip

This reply might be too late for LaleeNZ but could be helpful for others thinking of a visit to Dumaguete. We just got back yesterday and i would recommend this humble, soft-spoken , responsible van driver. He came in as a surprise since we were just looking for a taxi upon arrival since we were only 4 but what he had was a VAN!. Among the many offering taxi rides to the city, I luckily chose him and he immediately accepted my haggle from P250 to just P200 from the airport to Hotel Nicanor. Along the way, he oriented us with the different buildings/places. We hired him for an out-of-town the next day and he just charged us P2,200 for an 8-hr trip to a visit to the WWII memorial and Forest Camp in Valencia, Noel Stonecraft in Bacong & an enjoyable sumptious lunch at Malatapay Mkt in Zamboangita (This market is ONLY OPEN every Wed!!) Then we turned back for a 2-hr swim/relaxation in Lowland resort in Dauin before reutrning back on a 20-25 min. drive to the city. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this schedule and I also HIGHLY RECOMMEND our van drivier- RICHARD MAGABILIN (Text # 09273512006)

4. Re: Need a driver with an airconditioned van for a day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, June 23, 2013