We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dongwe Club for honeymoon in October?

Which Bwejuu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midland, Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Dongwe Club for honeymoon in October?

I am considering having my honeymoon in Bwejuu and was thinking about having it at the Dongwe Club. I'd like to stay in a place where we will be able to relax and lay on the beach or by a pool, but also be able to enjoy the area and have some activities to do if we wanted to. Does anyone have any experience staying at Dongwe for around 10 days? Or any other recommendations for places to look at in Bwejuu for a 10 day romantic honeymoon? Thanks.

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dongwe Club for honeymoon in October?

Just in case, note that there are two Dongwe's: Dongwe Club and Dongwe Ocean View. I have not visited Dongwe Club, but I think I remember being told that it is an Italian club. I've been told that there are several Italian clubs on Zanzibarr. The person who told me this (a driver on Zanzibar) also told me that there have been cases where non-Italians are not happy at the Italian clubs either because they feel outcast and/or because they were seeking a 'Zanzibari' experience and not an Italian experience.

If you want recommendations of where to stay on Zanzibar, I'd like to have more information regarding your budget, your expectations in terms of the room, the food, the experience and what activities you are hoping to have. It may even be helpful to know what kind of places you are staying in on Mainland Tanzania if you are doing a safari there as well.

Saint Paul...
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Serengeti National Park
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dongwe Club for honeymoon in October?

I should add that it is my understanding that not all Italian-owned places on Zanzibar are Italian 'clubs'. Some of the Italian owners on Zanzibar go out of their way to make their place welcoming to people from everywhere.

Midland, Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dongwe Club for honeymoon in October?

We were hoping to spend close to 5k but could spend up to 7k for our budget and would like to spend 10 days. Our ideal place would be somewhere, where we can relax for a few days (3-5) right after the honeymoon without having to think too much. Being able to lay on the beach, lay by a pool, have drinks, eat nice food, etc. Then for the second half we would like to have the option to do some activities like snorkeling, diving, kayaking, biking, hiking, etc. We don't know exactly how motivated we would be to do that type of stuff, but we wouldn't want to feel "bored" at the resort. It would also be nice if there was a town or something close by, but not a requirement. Are there any places that would work with that?

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dongwe Club for honeymoon in October?

I think you have to take Breezes Beach Club at the same East Coast and next to it ,then combine with Double Tree By Hilton at North Coast or La Gemma De`ll est.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Zanzibar Island...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dongwe Club for honeymoon in October?

Dear Quatro5,

You're welcome at Dongwe Club. We thank for your inquiry and have pleasure in enclosing the information for our services.

Dongwe consist of Afro-colonial style brick-work bungalows and a central building containing the main restaurant, reception, massage centre, shop, bar, traffic office.

A long (300 mt) wooden jetty enbles you to reach the sea even during the low tied (rubber shoes are reccomended) with a nice sun-deck, bar and restaurant with sea food and lobster menu' for a romantic dinner. There is a round the clock first aid clinic with a doctor.

The main restaurant offers excellent cuisine and a selection of international and swahili dishes. Buffet services for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Afternon at pool bar area tea and cakes every day. The Club Vacanze formula includes participation free of charge in the following activities:

Swimming pool (1,254 mtsquare), brach volley, archery, tennis, snorkelling with private boat, acquatic gym, piano bar, tv room, internet WiFi connection in the lobby/reception.For more information and if you have any special requirements with regard to catering arrangements we should be appreciate your contact by e-mail at manager@dongweclub.co.tz or by phone at +255 24 224051/ +255 784 342601

Your sincerely - Reservation Office Dongwe Club

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dongwe Club for honeymoon in October?

Come on now! Please read community guidelines...

7. Re: Dongwe Club for honeymoon in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, March 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bwejuu