We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spice Tour

Which Bwejuu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Spice Tour

We arrive at the Zanzibar airport (from Pemba) at 11 AM, and will be traveling to Breezes Beach Club where we will stay for a few days. Does it make sense (and is it possible) to (1) do the Spice Tour and/or Jozani Forest en route from the airport to Breezes, (2) do either or both of these tours starting and ending at Breezes or (3) do either or both of these tours on our last day, when we have a 1pm flight out of the Zanzibar airport? I'm having trouble finding a map showing the locations relative to each other. Are options (1) and (3) possible on a tour or should we hire a private guide. Thanks your help in advance!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spice Tour

hi there Jessup,

Just got back from Zanzibar myself for the second time.

If you have the energy, I'd recommend you doing the spice tour once you land and before you go to Breezes. I would not recommend pushing the time envelope prior to you leaving at 1pm and doing the tour then. Remember, many things in Africa operate on African time. Sometimes (not always tho) if you book tours from the resorts, they charge extra.

For the past few times I've gone to Zanzibar, I've used a company in Stone Town called LipiAdventures to take care of all of my itinerary items (hotels, transfers, tours, etc). the owners Hussein and Kassim are excellent to deal with and will do whatever they can to make your stay the best. www.lipiadventure.com

their website will give you their necessary contact info.

The spice tour is typically $35-40 per person and takes approximately 3hrs or 4 hours max.

If you require Lipi to provide a transfer service from the airport-spice tour-Breezes that is a price you will have to work with them on. They are quite reasonable in their prices.

Some food for thought.....

Cheers,

Georgina

NEW YORK
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spice Tour

I would check out Lipi by reading this post on TA

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293747-i9226-k165…

It seems Kassim is OK , try to book with him directly.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spice Tour

Thank you for the heads up. Our hotel has quoted us 50 Euro for the transfer (for both of us) plus 20 Euro each for the Spice Tour en route. Does this sound reasonable?

4. Re: Spice Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Bwejuu