We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Zanzibar House in Matemwe?

Cedar Hills, Utah
Level Contributor
124 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
New Zanzibar House in Matemwe?

This is a new hotel with just 7 rooms so there are only a few reviews here. The pictures on the website look very nice, but I'm a bit worried about booking there without much information about them. I'm looking for a beach hotel that is walkable to a village so there is something more interesting than walking the beach. We are spending a few nights in Stone Town first, so we will do some sight-seeing from there, but is Matemwe difficult to get to if we want to go do something for the day? Anyone know anything more about this property?

3 replies to this topic
Warszawa
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Zanzibar House in Matemwe?

Don't know anything about the hotel but know about Matemwe quite a lot. What do you want to know?

:)

Cedar Hills, Utah
Level Contributor
124 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Zanzibar House in Matemwe?

justynda, I actually posted this question a while back and we ended up staying at Zanzibar House and really loved the place. The beach wasn't so great -- lots of seaweed -- but the hotel was really nice and the food was great. Thanks for offering to answer my question!

bethany
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Zanzibar House in Matemwe?

are there craft markets in Matemwe???

Reply to: New Zanzibar House in Matemwe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Matemwe
More Matemwe Topics