We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling at Zanzibar or Thailand

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling at Zanzibar or Thailand

I hope you're able to guide us ;-) We would love if our next holliday were to Zanzibar, and on top of it, at an hotel were we can walk right into the blue water from the beach and go snorkeling. Can any of you recommend an hotel for us?

We are also concidering Thailand, and we have the same whishes about snorkeling here. Is it possible to stay at an hotel with direct access to snorkeling in Thailand?

We do know that there are plenty of snorkeling places both at Zanzibar and in Thailand, but it's the possibility of doing it direct from the hotel, that are so facinating for us ;-)

Smiles from Rita, Vivi and Sebastian - Denmark, Copenhagen

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,020 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling at Zanzibar or Thailand

The sea is tidal, influenced by the moon.

It goes out, and it comes in. The same anywhere in the world. Some beaches are shallow and the tide goes out a long way. Others are deep and you don't notice it so much.

You may also want to ask on the Thailand forum.

To me, there is a lot more to a destination than what you are asking. Have you looked at the Maldives, the Seychelles or the Shetlands?

smiles from peter

Wellington, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling at Zanzibar or Thailand

Hi Rita, I have exactly the same question about Thailand want to post here.

We had a holiday in Fiji last year and lucky we found a resort with beach you can snorkel despite the tide by walking 5 metres straight from Villa's door. We wonder if any place like that in Thailand. Otherwise go to Fiji again.

Cheers, James

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
13,010 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling at Zanzibar or Thailand

Soooooooo - James why are you posting on the Tanzania forum??

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkeling at Zanzibar or Thailand

Hehe. Not to mention over a year after the last post.

We were in Thailand last March. Snorkelling was good. I am booked for Zanzibar next February. I will try to remember to come back after we get back to answer the OP's question. :-)

5. Re: Snorkeling at Zanzibar or Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, March 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nungwi