We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving Nungwi

Towson, Maryland
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Diving Nungwi

Hello!

My husband and I are staying 4 nights at Langi Langi in a few weeks. I understand that there is a dive shop right next door but that the prices are higher then other shops. Can anyone recommend another good dive shop(s) in Nungwi that have easy access with decent prices? Any dive advice on the area is appreciated, as well. Thank you!!

Kristin

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving Nungwi

In that area I would reccommend that you try either Scuba do, Zanzibar watersports or east africa diving. I am not sure how their prices compare amongst eachother. The best dive spot would be Mnemba atoll which is where most of the dive centres take you. The atoll is located just off the north east coast of Zanzibar so very close to Nungwi.

Zanzibar
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving Nungwi

The right next door is Zanzibar Water Sport Centre which has office at Paradise Beach Hotel

Other are:

Spanish Dancer:

Scuba Do

East Africa Diving centre

The cheapest option is East Africa Diving Centre,they have an Office at The Z Hotel and walking interval from Langi Langi.

Please Please Please avoid the Cheapest for the Diving,this is adventurous trip and need a company with well and knowledgeable Diving Masters with enough equipments.

Be aware of this.

Regards,

Zanzilandholidays

Tanzania
Level Contributor
516 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving Nungwi

I would personnaly go with scuba do or east africa diving. I have not heard good reports on spanish dancer with regards to their safety and I do a great amount of diving in Zanzibar.

Edited: 2:13 am, July 15, 2010
Towson, Maryland
Level Contributor
23 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving Nungwi

Thanks SO much! We definitely want a reputable and safe company... I just wanted some other opinions/options. We're really looking forward to it! Thanks again!

Kristin

Tanzania
Level Contributor
516 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving Nungwi

Have a great trip, you will truly be happy with the diving its fab, very tropical, loads of colours and fish and coral!

Zanzibar Island...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving Nungwi

Try to book it with the Sele the hotel manager you might be luck and get some discount.

toronto
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diving Nungwi

Hope you don't me jumping in but are the dive places you are recommending also good for snorkelling, or is there somewhere else?

Australia
Level Contributor
132 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diving Nungwi

Hi Kcalabree

I went with Spanish Dancer diving centre when there. This is just left of the Z Hotel with an open office in the centre of Nungwi beach front.

I was impressed with their professionalism. As a first time diver the instructor really looked after me.

Chicago
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Diving Nungwi

Kristy_Travels,

What made you choose the Spanish Dancer dive shop over the East Africa Dive shop? Just curious. I will be staying at the Z Hotel and it looks like the East Africa Dive shop is based out of the Z Hotel so if everything is equal I would probably use that dive shop.

How was the diving/coral in the north of Zanzibar?

London
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Diving Nungwi

I would definitely recommend Zanzibar Watersports - based at Paradise Beach Hotel - I've dived with them many times and they always have good instructors, new equipment and adhere to high levels of safety. I think they are a Gold Palm resort too (PADI's highest rating). Their prices are competitive. Be careful of going with just anybody because of price, there are some 'cowboy' operators out there that are more than fast and loose with safety!

Get answers to your questions about Nungwi
Recent Conversations