We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice accomodation wakling distance to town

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
nice accomodation wakling distance to town

Hello,

I have been researching accommodation to the point where everything is starting to look the same.

We are traveling to Queenstown/ Wanaka for 9 nights at the end of August to go skiing. We thought we would break it up and stay 5 nights in Queenstown and 4 in Wanaka.

Last year we spent 7 or 8 night s in Wanaka at the Wanaka Luxury apartments. We loved this but it was a little too far away from town to walk, and a few times after a a few drinks with dinner we were worried about driving home.

So what I am looking for is somewhere nice to stay that we can walk to town after a day on the slopes. Or is there accommodation that provides transport into town?

I noticed that Bella Vista and Lake Wanaka Lodge seem to close to town, reasonably priced and have good reviews. Any thoughts? We are trying to spend <$200 a night on accommodation.

Alternatively, are there many taxis in Wanaka and are they expensive? the drive to most accommodation we are interested in is only a few minutes away (5-10 mins max)

Auckland
Level Contributor
493 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice accomodation wakling distance to town

What about The Moorings? they have studio units for under $200 a night and very close to the main shops.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,392 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice accomodation wakling distance to town

Renmore House B&B is a 1 minute walk to the town centre and offers an excellent breakfast wanakabedandbreakfast.co.nz/renmore_house_de…

Bella Vista is also ideally situated.

and yes, taxis are expensive, best get a place where you can easily walk.

3. Re: nice accomodation wakling distance to town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:11 am, June 12, 2013
South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: nice accomodation wakling distance to town

Some of these posts are getting very close to self promotion.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,191 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nice accomodation wakling distance to town

I don't think the iSite qualifies as self-promotion. They are after all in the business of helping visitors, even though they usually get a commission from the service providers.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,392 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nice accomodation wakling distance to town

It's a tough call - the Wanaka i-SITE is one of the few fully self-funded i-SITEs in the country - it is out to make a profit the same as any other business.

Perhaps it is best for the i-SITE to answer direct questions on the Wanaka area without promoting it's own booking service?

7. Re: nice accomodation wakling distance to town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 12, 2014