We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to and Staying in Cardrona Village

Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to and Staying in Cardrona Village

Hi I am thinking of staying in Cardrona Village as a close access point to Cardrona, Treble Cone and Snow Park/Farm ski fields. I am flying into Queenstown and then want to transfer to Cardrona Village. Can anyone tell me if there is a bus from the airport to Cardrona Village and whether there are buses from the village to each of the slopes? I am trying to avoid renting a car if possible.

Also whether Cardrona and nearby fielfds are better for powder type snow than the Queenstwon ski fields - Coronet and the Remarkables? Travelling 5th to 11th of August - thanks for any assistance/thoughts

Andrew

New Zealand
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to and Staying in Cardrona Village

Sorry, but your going to need to hire a car! - There is a bus that goes to Wanaka from Queenstown, alpinecoachlines.co.nz/WanakaConnexions.html but you have to book it, and you need to make sure it goes over the crown range to drop you at Cardona.

But once there, you'll be stranded pretty much, as there are no buses from the village to ski fields. You could try your luck 'thumbing' a ride, but there's no guarantees there.

Besides, if you are wanting supplies, like food etc you'll need a car to get to Wanaka. At Cardona there is only the pub - which does great meals.

At the moment snow wise, we are desperate! But hopefully mother nature is suppose to bring us some tonight (fingers crossed)

Oh and I would book a car ASAP, especially if you want a 4WD.

Good luck

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to and Staying in Cardrona Village

Google "bus" and "Cardrona". There are a couple of buses/shuttles that run out of Wanaka and Queenstown. Kiwi Discovery is one.

3. Re: Getting to and Staying in Cardrona Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, July 31, 2013