We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for family with 2-year old

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation for family with 2-year old

We will be in Wanaka at the beginning of December with our two year old daughter. Am looking for suitable accommodation where she would enjoy herself and lake views for ourselves. So far I've put The Moorings, Lakeview Motel and Wanaka Lakeview Holiday Park on my shortlist. But there is so much to choose from. So, all tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for family with 2-year old

Bump!

I'm surprised WanakaLakes hasn't responded...

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,435 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for family with 2-year old

Believe me Zappers, I tried. But I kept getting an 'invalid id' message every time I pushed the submit button.

So I pm'd Kiwionclogs instead and also emailed TA re the glitch.

now I'll see if I'm permitted to post this!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for family with 2-year old

Aha!! You must have used all your allocated "stay in Wanaka" posts, so now they won't accept any more ;)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for family with 2-year old

We just got back from NZ yesterday and we were traveling with a 2.5 year old.

We stayed at the Best Western Belvedere Hotel in Wanaka and it was modern, very clean and a 2 bedroom. It also had a full kitchen, washer and dryer in the room which was definatley a help.

Wanaka was beautiful - one of our favourite places. It has a fantastic playground down on the lakefront and the ski field Cardrona which is only about 1/2 hr away is fantastically set up for kids also. Our daughter who has never been in daycare screamed to go into the kids club but when I picked her up she didn't want to leave! (opps just read you will be there in Dec, so I guess there is no skiing then.)

5. Re: Accommodation for family with 2-year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 28, 2010