We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Accomodation

Newcastle
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Accomodation

Hi there

my hubby to be and I are planning our honeymoon for July next year. We are after something romantic, cosy and with the best possible views. We were thinking Queenstown but couldn't find what we were after. So now we're thinking Wanaka.

These are what I've come up with so far, but as pictures & reviews have been scarce I'm hoping you can help me narrow it down.

Rocks of Roy

Mountain Range Luxury Lodge Accommodation

Copperwood Apartment & Studio

Cairnside Bed & Breakfast

Lake View HOMESTAY

Waiorau Homestead

Thanks for your help :)

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Accomodation

Strongly suggest you have a look at Falling Leaves in Wanaka;

fallingleaves.co.nz.

Have heard good reports, it looks great on the website, and the owner is a font of knowledge about the whole Wanaka-Queenstown-Te Anau area.

Happy Honeymooning(is that a word?)

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
410 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Accomodation

Minaret Lodge is also very special - check out their website - little purposeful cottages built in a lovely garden.

Very gorgeous and a bit different.

Sorry doesnt have expansive views of lake but still very pretty.

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
793 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Accomodation

Welcome to the forum.....

I can assist in giving an idea of each of the locations you have mentioned...

Rocks of Roy has a great location about a 15 minute drive from the town centre, but I believe that there are sandflies in that area. (May a thousand sandflies bite me if I am wrong, but I have a friend who lives nearby and they have sandflies there)

Mountain Range and Copperwood are opposite each other, both being 2km from the town and lake. Neither have lake views, but both have stunning mountain views. Mountain Range is a purpose built lodge, whereas Copperwood is a house on the edge of a residential development.

Cairnside is in a peaceful location, and will be quite secluded.

I'm not familiar with Lake View Homestay

Waiorau Homestead is in the Cardrona valley - a peaceful romantic location about 20 minutes from the town. It is a newly built B&B which is supposed to be an excellent quality.

I hope this helps, but if you would like more specifics, do ask

Newcastle
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Accomodation

Thanks heaps for all your suggestions and advice :)

I'm after somewhere with the best views, more a view with a room type thing hehe.

5. Re: Honeymoon Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 16, 2009