We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Immigration for high school year

carlow
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Immigration for high school year

Well on my other question I asked about expenses for a holiday to Christchurch but somebody gave me an idea to do a high school year their,what kind of visa do I say I want for that and would I need a letter of consent? I'm nearly 16 btw and could you give me a list of high schools in the Christchurch area? co-ed schools or an all girl high school thankyou

14 replies to this topic
carlow
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Immigration for high school year

I know so much about my school and I know for a fact we do not do exchange programmes but I was just talking to one of my best friends Hannah and she has cousins over in NZ that we might be able to stay with for the year ,I just need to learn more about visas :(

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,302 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Immigration for high school year

read up here on work,study and immigration visas to NZ www.visafirst.com/en/new_zealand_visas.asp

Based in the information you have supplied here, you do not qualify for any of these visas.

However you are able to visit NZ as a tourist. This means you can't work while here. You can stay stay up to 3 months on an Irish passport or 6 months on a British passport.

carlow
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Immigration for high school year

this visa website is so much easier ,thankyou! :)

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,598 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Immigration for high school year

aoife, you really need to get proper legal advice. Immigration is a sensitive and complex area and there are many issues. We do not have a "black economy" where you will be paid cash "under the table" and most prospective employers will follow the rules. You will need to get the proper paper work or you will not get a job anywhere reputable.

I suggest you work through an immigration agent or the nearest NZ High Commission.

The same rules apply to NZ'rs who want to live and work in the UK or Ireland. A generation ago it was easy, that is no longer the case.

Reply to: Immigration for high school year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted