We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Navutu Stars Fiji Hotel & Resort, Yaqeta

Cedar Falls, Iowa
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Transportation to Navutu Stars Fiji Hotel & Resort, Yaqeta

Hello!

I will be travelling solo next month for a brief visit to Fiji - I would like to stay at Navutu Stars, but am concerned about the transportation there. My flight lands at 12:45 on a Wednesday and I fly back to the states Friday night at 9pm.

The resort gave me a handful of options of different speedboats and charter planes, but was just wondering if anyone has already had a similar itinerary and had a great experience with one source of transportation.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

4 replies to this topic
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,133 posts
146 reviews
1. Re: Transportation to Navutu Stars Fiji Hotel & Resort, Yaqeta

The usual way to travel to the Upper Yasawa Islands is by the Yasawa Flyer unfortunately this leaves Port Denarau at 8.30am. Personally I would fly. You will have amazing views of the islands apart from getting there the same day. Sea Plane or helicopter . Fot the return you could catch the Yasawa Flyer which departs the Yasawas around 1pm and arrives back at Port Denarau around 5,45pm. A 20 min taxi ride will have you at the airport in plenty of time for your flight. You could also have the resort book a private car to take you.

The resort should be able to make the bookings for you so upon arrival in Fiji you will be able to transfer directly to the helicopter or seaplabe base.

Speedboat transfer is via open sea which at times can be a rough trip it will take considerably longer too. With such a short stay, helicopter or seaplane will give you more Resort time,

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
6,069 posts
282 reviews
2. Re: Transportation to Navutu Stars Fiji Hotel & Resort, Yaqeta

If it is your first trip to fiji the Yasawas flyer (air-conditiond,comfortable seating some with tables and food and drink on board to purchase). It is a good way to see all the islands on the way to Navutu Stars. The catamaran depart every morning at 8.30am and arrives at Navutu Stars Resort at 12.15pm stopping in the lagoon along the way to drop of passengers visiting the other resorts.

To use this facility you would need to stay on the mainland on your arrival. Some suggestions would be the Mercure hotel(with a large supermarket just down the road) or the Oasis palms. Both have complementary shuttles from the airport.

The Yasawas flyer transfer coach picks you up from Nadi hotels and takes you to the boat all as part of the ticket cost.

PS With your arrival time you could fly to the island on the same day if your budget allows

Edited: 5:25 pm, March 06, 2018
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,133 posts
146 reviews
3. Re: Transportation to Navutu Stars Fiji Hotel & Resort, Yaqeta

Arriving mid day Wed. Leaving Friday evening. Not worth wasting a night in Nadi and only having one night on the island. Seaplane or helicopter 40min scenic flight. Yasawa Flyer fine for return.

Turtle Island seaplane or Pacific Island seaplane or Island Hoppers helicopter. Seaplane company representative will meet your flight. Helicopter base at the airport. Pre book online.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
6,069 posts
282 reviews
4. Re: Transportation to Navutu Stars Fiji Hotel & Resort, Yaqeta

Sorry girlwithagypsyheart didn't read your full post about basically only have 2 full days in fiji so as "Hooked on Fiji" has mentioned best to take a scenic flight out as soon as you arrive so you can maximise your time there.

In the afternoon the Yasawas flyer Catamaran depart at 13.30pm and arrive at Denarau Marina in Nadi at 17.30-18:00pm and then arrage a taxi to take you to the airport for the flight home. Or if finances allow a return flight would give you more time on the island.

As mentioned all this can be arranged through the resort when booking.

Reply to: Transportation to Navutu Stars Fiji Hotel & Resort, Yaqeta
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yaqeta Island