We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangi-La -- which rooms to book

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Shangi-La -- which rooms to book

We are planning to stay at the Shangi-La in January 2013. We need to book two rooms -- one for my huband and me and one for our 18 and 15 year old sons. We can get a good deal on the either two deluxe family ocean view rooms or two superior ocean view rooms. Apparently the family rooms have been renovated recently. However, we did not want to be surrounded by families with young children. Can anyone help with advice about which room style would be best based on the location of these rooms within the resort? Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangi-La -- which rooms to book

We have just spent 5 nights in two inter connecting ocean view rooms (not family rooms so I guess they were the superior ones?). we are a family of two adults , a 7yo and 4yo and we found the size of these rooms great and didn't feel we needed the family rooms. We chose ocean view as we heard they had more inter connecting rooms than the lagoon view ones, although our friends booked lagoon rooms and also managed to get inter connecting.

As for noise, we had families either side of us and could hear one family a bit but not the other side. Apparently the ocean view rooms are a lot quieter than the lagoon ones and seeing the location of lagoon rooms I can see why. The ocean view rooms are a few minutes walk away from restaurants & pools but didn't bother us at all.

Good luck with your choice :)

Edited: 5:44 am, September 26, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangi-La -- which rooms to book

Thanks so much for your reply. I think we'll go with two superior ocean view rooms. Thanks again!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangi-La -- which rooms to book

No problem. Enjoy your holiday planning :)

4. Re: Shangi-La -- which rooms to book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, January 08, 2014