We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve

We are spending New Years at the Shangri La (have stayed also in April 2009 and July 2010). Looking for any reviews, tips for New Years Eve especially as we have 4, 7 and 8 year old. Any changes to resort charges, kids club etc since July this year? Vinaka

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

Why don't you just contact the resort direct and ask them?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
44 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

My travel agent contacted the resort as my family and I will be there too. They receive no information regarding any plans. The resort advised they were unable to tell them about any plans for New Years.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve

Thanks Bindi - I have since emailed them myself and not yet received a response. I spoke to the staff at the resort when we were there in July, apparently there is a huge party and fireworks! Trying to work out whether to get babysitters or not.

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve

Nah Chelle - let the kids join in the party and fall asleep under your table! :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve

Tez823 - my kids will probably want to stay up later than us!

This time in 4 weeks we will be in Fiji......a well deserved rest after a busy December......I promise I will post about what "does" happen at Shangri La on New Years Eve.

Vinaka

Brisbane
Level Contributor
44 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve

I have also emailed them and asked the question. Haven't heard back yet. If I get an email I will let you know. It's always hard trying to decide whether to get babysitters or not when they are young.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve

Thanks Bindi1974, I will do the same. In any event, we will be the couple with 3 kids asleep under the table on New Years Eve!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
44 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years Eve

ChelleL,

I have received an email from Shangri-La. Have you received yours? If not, please send me a private message with your email address and I will send you a copy of my email.

Bindi

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
750 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Years Eve

Wow, what a great night we had last night at the Shangri La. Started out with a great seafood meal at the Lagoon Terrace, then the kids were entertained at kids club party in the Golden Cowrie with Wii games, limbo, giant foam bath which had to be seen to be believed. We spent the night in the Black Marlin for the New Years Party. Just before midnight we went onto the balcony with the kids for a show by the locals followed by an amazing fireworks spectacular!!!! More than I could have expected!!!

PS Bindi, would love to hear what you thought!

New South Wales...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Years Eve

Fantastic ChelleL - so they didn't need to sleep under the table after all...... :) Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Sooooo envious. What's the weather like?