We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

:-) as you can probably tell, I'm thinking lots about our forthcoming holiday today!

Just wondering about footwear - is it worth taking nice shoes to wear or is it all bare feet and/or flip flops?

I remember in the Maldives it wasn't worth putting shoes on because it was sand everywhere, even in the restaurants.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

Sandals...not sand in the restaurants at the Shangri La !

Nice shoes/dressy sandals if you want for the wedding, but not for everyday, it's very casual dress in Fiji. Go on what your friends are wearing for the special day, perhaps it's barefoot beach wedding.

hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

Thanks Lifetravellerbrissy you've been a great help :-)

Their wedding is taking place on the beach and the bride isn't wearing shoes. I'm thinking that I'll wear either my flip flops or some nice new gold coloured sandals that I've got that are flat too.

The place we stayed in the Maldives was supposed to be 4/5* but still everyone was bare footed (if brave - especially at night eek!) or in flip flops/Birkenstocks.

Think I'll pack a flat pair of sandals and a pair of heels as well.

Oooh decisions decisions! :-))) xx

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

Only thing that I wore on my feet when we where at the Shangri La was thongs (flip flops!). Was the only shoes I took with me.

Nola :)

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,235 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

Pinky

I'm sure you won't wear your heels in Fiji but check with your friends as to what they'll be wearing at the wedding just in case they're going super-formal (and uncomfortable). But if you do take them, be sure to post when you get back and tell us how useful they were. LOL

Whatever - you'll have a great time!

Edited: 7:21 pm, July 13, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

I like to kicki my shoes off when I arrive (at resort) and not wear them again till I leave. You can get some really nice flip flops now which should be great for a wedding otherwise sandals are the go for when you have to have wear shoes or of course flip flops. People always sem to overpack for Fiji holidays when you really need very little.

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

Thanks Nola!

I love my flip flops/jandals/thongs (! hahaha) and have several nice pairs, so I'm sure I'll be fine! :-)

I'm thinking the wedding we're attending is going to be pretty casual as the bride herself isn't wearing any shoes, being on the beach etc.

:-)))

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

Thanks NZLilibet ;-)

May just pack a pair of nice wedge-sandals as a 'just in case' :-) but by the sounds of it, it's going to be flip flops all the way which I don't mind as I love 'um!

As far as I know it's going to be a pretty casual wedding, the bride herself isn't wearing any shoes, so I was thinking flip flops/flats or bare feet.

Buckingham, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

Thanks Hooked On Fiji :-)

I know what you mean about over packing, done it myself for other places!

Don't think we're going to need much, other than beach wear, something for the wedding, shorts, tees and of course flip flops :-)

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

Well if the Bride is going to have bare feet than I think you can too.

Nothing worse than sand and shoes. I got married on the beach at Brampton Island and wore dressy flip flops. Ended up taking them off.

Nola :)

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,642 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Another question - about footwear in Fiji..........

I'd go with bare feet too especially on the sand honestly saw a bride with wedge heels on the sand (she wore them because her mother 'would kill her if she got married in bare feet' she was so upset when she saw the photos they looked ridiculous, pretty flip flops at the most.