We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid meals at Shangrila Fiji

sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Prepaid meals at Shangrila Fiji

Is it worthwhile prepurchasing meal packages for lunch and dinner when staying with there with my husband, a 13 yr old and 9 yr old? I would have to purchase 3 packages and the 9yr old would eat free (with restrictions). I read in a review that the cost of the dinner buffet is less than F$49.50 for kids over 13 yrs. It seems quite expensive to pay the same chsrge for a meal package for the 13 yr old as for an adult.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prepaid meals at Shangrila Fiji

I'm not exactly sure about the prices for your 13 year old but of course the Kids eat Free deal stops at 12 so yes, there would be a charge. When we booked our Travel Agent quoted AUD $40 per adult for the dinner package and $42 for the lunch and dinner package - it was a no-brainer for us. We took the Lunch and dinner option and got good value from it. I would think your 13y.o. would still want lunch even if they had a big breakfast so I would consider that option if I was you. The buffet is FJD 49.50 per adult but I can confirm the price for a 13 y.o. If you email the resort directly they will respond promptly. Good Luck. I definately recommend the meal package.

sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prepaid meals at Shangrila Fiji

Thanks for your comments - I think it would be a lot easier and cheaper to prepay for the meals.

Victoria
Level Contributor
524 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prepaid meals at Shangrila Fiji

Hi Vanessa,

Check the prices Im sure when we went we didnt pay full adult prices for our kids, 13, 15 and 16.

We took the breakfast and dinner option, and not having to worry about the extra cost there was a bonus. On arrival we were also told we could eat at the other restaurants to the value of $40ea and pay the difference, we did eat at one other place and didnt have to pay anything as we didnt use more than $40 each (per adult) the kids could have done the same but the amount was less. We ate with the kids at the buffet and didnt have a problem.

I would advise to take extra snaks or go to Sigatoka and stock up, as the resort prices for these things is quite expensive.

Have a great holiday!!

4. Re: Prepaid meals at Shangrila Fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 13, 2009