We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shangri-la Fiji Wedding

Lhasa
3 posts
Save Topic
Shangri-la Fiji Wedding

I am getting married at the Shangri-la in Fiji in May 2009. I am getting married on Takali Beach at 3pm and my reception is going to be on the Takali Pool Deck for 6pm. Just wondering if anyone has any advice that I need to consider and can answer a few questions:

- Does the pool deck have speakers for music - or a music system hooked up so we could play an ipod through it?

- Is there a microphone there for speaches etc?

- Does the reception really finish at 10pm or can it go on for longer? I have read that most people head to the nightclub there to carry on after the reception..

- Do most people take the beverage package or pay as you go? Also are the wines/chanpagne in the package ok?

I would be grateful for any info at all.

Cheers!

sydney
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Shangri-la Fiji Wedding

Hi

I had a very similar set up for my wedding at the shangri-la in 2004.

To answer your questions please see below:

No the pool deck does not have speakers, we asked for a stero so we could play music

There is no microphone for speaches, we had our MC stand in the middle of our guests so everyone could here what was happening

Yes you have to leave the reception area by 10pm, this is out of respect for the other guests that may be in their rooms by then as there are rooms no more then 50mtrs away from the pool area, we kicked on at the Black Marlin bar untill closing time around 1am

We took the beverage package, its fairly reasonable however if you have big drinkers I would suggest that you pay for the wine/champagne/Beer/soft drink and get your guests to pay for their spirits, this will make it cheaper for you.

If yuou have any other questions please email me and I would be happy to answer them for you

Laurane

Lhasa
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shangri-la Fiji Wedding

Thanks for your info it helped a lot!

Can you give me any advice- things that you wished you had of asked previously, things you wished you had of done or not done?

Do you have any photos that you could show me so i could see the set up properly?

If you have any advice at all I would appreciate it!

Brisbane - Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shangri-la Fiji Wedding

We got married @ the Shangri-la in August last year.

The Ceremony was opposite the Ocean View rooms on the lawn, absolutely beautiful day too. I did see 3 Weddings (yep, all in one week) @ the Takali Beach. Nice spot on the sand.

- Pool deck didn't have speakers. You had to hire a CD Player or bring your own.

- They can organise microphone..for a price of course.

- Yes, due to close proximity of the Ocean View Rooms. Although the Bar is open till late and on the Sat there were 4 Weddings celebrating there! A very fun night!

One thing we ran into was communication issues. Don't worry if you get that, it's part and parcel of organising a wedding in Fiji. What we did was call our co-ordinator if we had questions that needed answering.

Lhasa
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shangri-la Fiji Wedding

Thank you so much for your info I am very grateful. In regards to the speakers - are they large speakers and does it have a cd player attached to it that is near so that we can change them ourselves?

If you have any photos of your wedding that you would like to share I would love to see them!

How many people did you have at your reception? I am hoping that i will be cruisy and just go with the flow - but I would rather be prepared for all of this to help that along.

NSW
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Shangri-la Fiji Wedding

Would love to know how it all went.

I am getting married in 2009 and totally clueless!!

Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Shangri-la Fiji Wedding

I got married at Takali Beach June 2008. It was an amazing day, no complaints at all. The speakers are large - seperate to the CD player, we had the music really loud and no body said anything! We did leave by 10pm and moved to the Black Marlin Bar for drinks afterwards. Enjoy your day!!

7. Re: Shangri-la Fiji Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 01, 2009