We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in June

Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in June

Thinking about staying at Shangri-La Fiji next year (2008) in June/July. Can anybody who was there in June this year give me a report on what the weather was like.

Also, so I can get an indication of prices, can you tell me what a can of coke costs in the resort.

Thanks

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in June

Brad, I don't drink coke so I'll pass on that question, I am though a expert on weather in the south pacific so I'll take that one on for you. June is the month of the shortest days and lowest angled sun. The latter is good in the aspect that the sun is not so bloody intense as it is most of the year. If you're looking to laze on the beach than it's an enjoyable and comfortable time for that. Temps will be on the mild side, another good thing, it's also one of the drier months but i'll bet you get some rain. Humidity is lower than most months. The days it's not sunny (possible) it will be most likely overcast rather than raining. Expect highs of 27 or so. Nights can be refreshing at around 17-19. Sunrise temps should be from 18-20 approx. Depending on the weather patterns it could be a bit warmer or cooler than stated. Cheers, Pub

in Fiji
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in June

This June has been unbeliveably gorgeous - not a cloud in the sky, flat calm sparkling glassy sea, the merest zephyr of a cooling breeze...... last year it was awful.

The rum to go in the coke is about $5 for Bounty. Any help?

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in June

Upapalm, sounds bloody great!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
333 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in June

I am in Fiji at the moment. I am currently in Suva and it is beautiful weather - sunny, no rain and just a light breeze! Probably around 27 degrees. I was here last year in June and it was very windy and much colder, closer to 21,22 degrees. The year before was also windier with more rain.

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,311 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in June

Lucy, rub it in! Are you on Toberua? Pub

6. Re: Weather in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:27 am, September 04, 2009