We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

Bula everyone! Just wanted to update you all and let you know my journey back to Sonaisali Island Resort is now just under 6 weeks to go and i am once again very excited to be returning to the resort for the 9th time. I have heard a lot has changed since my last visit including new management and chef which will be interesting to see if i can spot any changes! Has anyone been to Sonaisali recently? I would be interested to hear of your experiences? Looks like a few of us are off to Fiji in the next few months so will be very exciting!

Edited: 2:45 am, September 21, 2012
11 replies to this topic
Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

Lucky you!

We are doing a road trip from Hervey Bay to Townsville this year with the kids which should be exciting and something different.

With 15yr old daughter heading to China on a school trip next year, we are a bit reluctant at this stage to book Fiji, but are really hoping to get there again next year.

Have a fabulous time and enjoy your holiday!

Maree :D

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

Not long now until I head off on my Fijian honeymoon.

Tokoriki and Yasawa Island Resort combination for over 2 weeks :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

Hi Bluestreek, I'm really looking forward to hearing about your trip as we have booked a week there in March with our large family group of 8 adults, a 3 yr old, 18 month old & 1 yr old.

I would especially be interested in hearing any news on the new chef - we love good food so hoping there is a big improvement on previous reviews.

Also if you notice any do's or don'ts for young children I'd love to hear them too!

Have a great trip!

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

No worries koconnor will do i now only have 4 weeks till im going so that hopefully will go very quick then i have my fingers crossed time will stand still for the next few weeks so i can have a slow holiday! I am eager myself to see what if anything has happened to the menus with the new chef should be very interesting indeed! I am so very much looking forward to it!

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

Hi Mitch

Hope you enjoy the honeymoon, two different style resorts will look forward to reading your reviews. My very best wishes for the wedding.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

Hi Bluestreek. The count down is finally getting to the best part - not long now! One of the admin staff from Castaway I believe has gone to Sonaisali his name is William Southey. He was a reservations consultant at Castaway. Hope the new management and chef make your special holiday destination even better. Look forward to hearing about you trip on your return.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

Today week we will be sunning ourselves in Fiji......................

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

Hi Bluestreak

We are off to Sonaisali next Tuesday 16th October for 7 nights...so I will let you know what it's like when we get back!

Question: What sort of food can you take to Fiji? Can we take almonds, honey, vegemite, rice crackers, coffee, biscuits, chips etc. We have a 3 year old...so I would like to take some snacks with us for her.

Also how far is the supermarket from the resort? Are we better off stopping on the way from the airport to get water and other items?

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

HI cleopat11, you are going to love Sonaisali i know i do! I have just under 3 weeks till i go back again to stay! I have taken all the food items you mentioned and not had a problem with any of them. I would suggest to declare them though. Sonaisali is appx 15 mins into the main town of Nadi where you will find plenty of supermarkets if you arrive during the day you could stop off before you go to the resort. Sonaisali does have a shopping trip to Nadi 3 times a week and there is also a taxi rank near the Sonaisali wharf area where you could go at any time.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!

Thanks for your reply bluesteek! Looking forward to going. I will let you know how it is on our arrival.

Reply to: Sonaisali In Just Under 6 Weeks!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted