We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sonaisali island

Tasmania
3 posts
Save Topic
sonaisali island

Hello,

was wondering if anyone who had stayed at Sonaisali recently would post a quick msg about their stay - there seems to be a few bad reports about and it would be good to know what your experience was like. I'm thinking of staying there soon. Thanking you.

queensland
Level Contributor
291 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sonaisali island

Hi ho vaughan,

We have stayed at Sonaisali but we didnt like it at all.There are nicer places to stay.There isnt white beaches or clear water as the sand is black and the water is brown.The only white sand is brought in and put infront of your bures.I would travel up the coral coast and stay somewhere else.This is just our opinion and others may dissagree.It wasnt what we thought it would be by looking at the brochure???

How is lovely Tassie going,its my home state...7 mile beach.

Please think hard about staying there as Fiji is such a beautiful place and i would hate you to be dissapointed.

Cheers...Warwick

Tasmania
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sonaisali island

thanks for getting back to me warwick, your advice noted. 7 mile beach still as beautiful (and deserted!) as usual.

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sonaisali island

We have stayed at the Sonaisali and totally agree with Warrick - it is nothing like the pretty brochures and we wern't impressed with their service either.

How long are you looking to stay there ??

Have you looked at any resorts in the Mamanuca Islands?? The real Fiji experience.

Auckland
Level Contributor
11 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sonaisali island

Everything bad you read about Sonaisali is right the place is the pits. Its expensive, dated and its sole purpose is to extract as much money from you for the minimum amount of effort. Stay away there are so much better and cheaper options in Fiji.

Tasmania
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sonaisali island

Thanks for the responses I have been getting...Unfortunately, I booked the place before I found this site, but only for 3 nights, so I suppose I will just have to lump it! Thanks again.

Echuca
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: sonaisali island

Its crap - the food is crap.

Nice pool though.

Sydney
Level Contributor
488 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sonaisali island

Hi Vaughan99,

I'm sure you will still enjoy your holiday - at least you're in Fiji !!!

Take a day trip out to an island rather than hang around the Sonaisali - at least you'll get to see white sandy beaches and clear water.

Enjoy,

Julie.

Auckland NZ
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sonaisali island

Hi Vaughan,

I have stayed at Sonaisali 3 times within the last year. I have loved my stay there on each occasion, even during cyclones. It is a very restful relaxing place with easy access to the mainland. You can take daytrips out to the islands (which are organised onsite), and the day trip I took on their catamaran was a fantastic day that I would recommend. You can take a trip into Nadi on their bus if you are interested in some shopping. For a 4 1/2 star resort, I think it is a great place with great waterfront bure accommodation (hence my return trips). The food is great too (especially in their Plantation Restaurant).

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay there.

Cheers, Leigh

9. Re: sonaisali island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:00 pm, May 18, 2017
10. Re: sonaisali island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:00 pm, May 18, 2017