We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Visit to Fiji

Hunter Valley NSW
1 post
Save Topic
1st Visit to Fiji

Planning our first visit to Fiji in Jan 07 with parents in law and five children - 7-11 yrs. Have been looking into the Fiji Beach resort and spa however some of the visitor reviews are a little off putting. Is it child friendly and will the building issues have abated by late Jan 07? Are there lots of things for children to do whilst worn out mother relaxes? If not what is a good alternative that does not involve travel to one of the further islands?

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Aruba, Snt Nichols
Level Contributor
188 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Visit to Fiji

Castaway Island, it has all of the above, something for everyone and it is just beautiful, children stay for free regardless of age and everythings perfect.

Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Visit to Fiji

I agree with proud polynesian - definately Castaway. Just returned from a weeks break there, although we didn't have our children with us. It is very children friendly, they have a kids club and baby sitting services. There were many families there during our break and at no time did it feel overcrowded. There are loads of activities, lots of free activities and lots of pay as you go activities, but there is no need to utilise these if you are on a limited budget. It is only a short boat trip and it is also a good chance to view some of the other islands as you go :)

As I said, a week there and we spoke to lots of the day visitors and some others on the boat coming back that were day trippers and they all said they were sorry they had stayed on the main land and not ventured on to an island for the full duration of thier holiday.

We did notice lots of building activity in Denarau, not sure if it will all be over by Jan 07, but possibly not given the slow I'm in Fiji Time rate the lovely Fijians work at :o

My personal advise - do an island (if budget allows do Castaway) but definately get off the main land :)

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,314 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Visit to Fiji

Jessie, so true. I cringe when I read people who say they're going to Fiji and staying on the main isle only. Thank heavens for them or the outer islands would be too crowded.

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Aruba, Snt Nichols
Level Contributor
188 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Visit to Fiji

Whatever you do, DONT STAY ON DENERAU = FAKE! Go out to the islands, worth the money and the memories will be a unique one, no regrets!

5. Re: 1st Visit to Fiji

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 26, 2009