We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Westin, a few questions!

Gosford
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The Westin, a few questions!

I have a few questions for those who have stayed at the Westin.

1. Is there an ice machine? At the Outrigger there was an ice machine and we loved this for keeping our drinks & food cold! Seems a silly question but hope there is one!

2. Does anyone know how much a Taxi would be (maxi taxi?) for a family of 6 to go to Natadola/ the championship golf course? My Dad would love to have a look so super keen to go there!

3. I haven't read much about the little island that you can go to (for free?) to swim/snorkel across from the Westin/ Sheraton? What's it like? worth going for a swim? How long are you there for?

4. I have heard you can hire bikes on Denaru? Does anyone know anything about this?

Thank you, less than 2 months to go for us, our 3rd visit to Fiji & very excited! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Westin, a few questions!

Hi Kel,

Definitely Ice machines in every accommodation block at The Westin, they are on the upstairs level, & at the end of each block. They supply ice buckets in the room, but suggest you pack a cooler bag as well.

My husband researched the Natadola Taxi idea a couple of years ago & I think it was about $80 each way-he decided not to bother. But if you get talking to a taxi driver over there ask for a price.

In several stays at The Westin, we have never been to the island across from the resort, we have never actually sought out a trip there, but they certainly don't "advertise" it. I gather you need to ask to go, & they will take you but once you see The Westin Pools you probably wont want to leave.

Cant help with bike hire, but check with the activities staff at The Westin. I've not seen many cyclists on Denarau-probably due to the lack of decent bikes!! :)

Hope this helps..

Anni

Gosford
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Westin, a few questions!

Anni thanks so much for the reply! We are looking forward to our stay there! :-)

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Westin, a few questions!

Hi I am about to go to Fiji for my first trip but people are saying dont drink the water im staying at the westin. is it safe to drink the water and the ice???????

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Westin, a few questions!

The water is perfectly safe to drink. My family drank it and some Fiji Water (bottled) for 10 days within the last month and had no problems.

Edited: 1:13 am, July 08, 2014
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Westin, a few questions!

thanks for the reply

6. Re: The Westin, a few questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, July 15, 2015