We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

School Visit

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
School Visit

I would love to visit a local school when I am in Fiji. Does anybody know of one close to Denarau that welcomes visitors? As a teacher in NZ, Im sure it would be an eye opening experience for me!

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: School Visit

Your resort will be able to organise a school visit for you. Most do. You will find that some are extremely enterprising.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: School Visit

Visiting a village/school is most certainly and eyeopening experience. If you can take some school supplies: erasers, pencil sharpeners, crayons, etc. The smiles and laughter of the children will melt you hearts.

The following link has suggestions of what to take for a village/school as well as other items to take with you. They have so very little anything you take will be greatly appreciated.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Denarau Island, Fiji
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: School Visit

Radisson Blu On Denarau run a school tour every Friday at 10am. You will need to book at reception prior to the date. It is very interesting and will get you back by 12pm. A minimal cost to cover transport then the option to donate to their Adopt a School Programme. If you visit their FB page Radisson Blu Fiji Adopt a School you will see some of the projects they are undertaking in local schools.

4. Re: School Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 22, 2015