We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Separate sleeping area for baby

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Separate sleeping area for baby

Hi! Everyone tells me Fiji is a great family friendly place to go. We are thinking of going for a week sometime in the coming months (May to Aug). I am looking at the 5 star hotels around Denarau given its proximity to the airport. Can anyone recommend one for us - it will be our first overseas trip since having our baby - he is now 13 months. We are lucky that he sleeps thru, but he can be a noisy sleeper so I am trying to work out whether we can get a room with a bit of distance between his cot and our bed! As much as I love the little guy, I love my sleep! The last holiday we had (just up at the Sunshine Coast), we were all crammed into a studio and I had less sleep than I normally get at home. Not wanting to repeat that!! Thanks!

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Separate sleeping area for baby

Hi Carene, welcome to the forum. There is a travel article listing places with two bedroom accommodation that might make a good starting point...

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g294331-c196423/Fi…

I'm sure others will be able to offer their suggestions of places they've found good to stay with a baby as well.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Separate sleeping area for baby

We traveled with our then 11 month old and found the one bedroom apartments at the Radisson great, separate bedroom for the two of you then a large living area and kitchen which provides ample room for a portacot, the people next to us had three young boys with two of them sleeping in a fold out that also comes with the one bedroom

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Separate sleeping area for baby

Thanks for your suggestions. I have since been recommended the Warwick resort on the Coral Coast as you can snorkel off the beach whereas in Denerau, I hear you don't want to go swimming in the water there. Hmmm! Decisions, decisions!!

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Separate sleeping area for baby

If you want beautiful snorkeling straight off the beach check out Castaway island resort, has a seperate partition you can close in the bure

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Separate sleeping area for baby

If castaway turns out to be too dear have a look at Treasure island also beautiful snorkeling straight off the beach

Edited: 10:09 pm, April 09, 2014
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
308 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Separate sleeping area for baby

Malolo Island Resort's deluxe bures have a separate bedroom.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Separate sleeping area for baby

You could also consider the Outrigger on the Lagoon for their highly rated mei mei nanny service...

https://www.outrigger.com/Landing-Pages/gues…

not to mention their Bebe Spa, fine dining Ivy Restaurant and new pool (all of which are adults only areas).

They have a variety of room types available...

outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/…rooms-amenities

There is only limited snorkeling available off the beach, depending on tides and moon phases so, if snorkeling is a priority it would be best to consider a not too distant island stay (in the Mamanuca group for example, Castaway perhaps as already mentioned).

8. Re: Separate sleeping area for baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 11, 2015