We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mana island

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
mana island

hi

We are travelling to mana island soon and i would like to know if the have skim or non fat milk? or should i bring it from home?

thanks

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mana island

I am pretty sure they do not stock it but am checking with management. Also checking whether you can buy it from the supermarkets in Nadi which would save your carrying it.

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mana island

Management have confirmed that they only sell full cream milk but you can buy skimmed milk and non-fat milk at Patels or Morris Hedstroms, the two largest supermarkets in Nadi.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mana island

Just checking, manaregular.

My understanding in the past is that all milk sold in Fiji is UHT milk - but in the different varieties such as low-fat, skimmed etc. Extremely rare to find fresh milk. Is that still the case?

Am asking not only to check my own thinking but, assuming I'm right, in case the new poster may not be aware of the situation. BTW, I'm totally fine with UHT milk which is the norm on most pacific islands.

Edited: 12:11 am, January 17, 2014
Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mana island

Yes it's all UHT milk even the Devondale skimmed milk sold in Nadi.

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: mana island

thankyou for your help, great to know.

6. Re: mana island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 19, 2015