We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips that offer scuba diving for beginners

Which Denarau Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
152 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips that offer scuba diving for beginners

We are a family of 6 with 2 adult children who have been snorkeling before a number of times. Are there any island day trips that offer scuba diving for beginners that leave from Denarau. When I say beginners I mean they have never tried scuba diving before and would like to try it.

Coomera, Australia
Level Contributor
255 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips that offer scuba diving for beginners

We did exactly that a few years ago. We were staying at the Worldmark. The trip itself started at the Westin in the pool and from there we took a boat out for a reef dive. I am sure the resort you stay at will be able to provide details. You could also take a look at the PADI web site. These types of intro dives are called something like PADI Discover Scuba Diving.

A year or 2 later my son and I got our Scuba Diver tickets while we were in Fiji. Well worth it in my opinion if you want to go diving occasionally.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
8,666 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips that offer scuba diving for beginners

You would need to pre book an Intro Dive wherever you go. Contact South Cruises and ask if they can arrange this for you. Somewhere like South Sea Island may offer this course.

Aussie
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips that offer scuba diving for beginners

Whales Tale offer scuba diving for beginners . The Company is called White Tip who are very good.

Sale
Level Contributor
34 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips that offer scuba diving for beginners

We did a day trip with Ohlala to Savala island. My husband to a beginner scuba dive (absolutely no prior experience) as an added extra for this trip. Cost $235 Fiji Dollars so was quite reasonable. Included all of the teaching and then a 35 minute dive. Husband loved it.

Meanwhile I enjoyed the Savala island. A small one but lovely to visit. The boat trip was good with entertainment from the crew. Once there you had the option of snorkelling to the island from the boat (about 150 metres) or you could go by boat transfer. On the island there's free kayaks, stand up paddle boards and of course guided snorkelling. Other options include glass bottom boat and fish feeding, feeding the reef sharks and massages (the massages cost extra). Overall we had a great day here. You can search them on trip advisor - our tour desk recommended it and I had no hesitations once I saw the reviews on here. We had people of all ages on the boat that day and the crew catered to all.

5. Re: Day trips that offer scuba diving for beginners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 26, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Denarau Island