We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

Which Denarau Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
183 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

Hi there,

We need to spend 1 night in Nadi in January and was considering staying in Denarau as it is cheaper than adding an extra night in Mana island even if we pick a 5 star hotel. I am looking for some advice as to which hotel is the best with young kids.

My kids will be 5 1/2 and 2 1/2. They can't really swim so I am looking for a child-friendly swimming pool with shallow waters, may be a slide okay for my 5 year old. Good restaurants especially good buffet breakfast. Room itself does not really matter if only for 1 night.

I was hesitating between the Sofitel and the Radisson. Any advice?

Cheers

Wellington
Level Contributor
316 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

Stayed at the Sofitel. Great breakfast, lots of kids, looks pretty child-friendly, with a tame hydroslide and shallow pool. Able to recommend.

Had a meal at the Radisson. (We're about to go, and stay there the 1st 3 nights of our next trip.) It looks great. A friend with two boys about 10 and 12 just stayed there. They loved it.

The gardens at the Radisson have more of a "jungle" vibe to them. Very well established. The beach (such as it is) in front of the Sofitel is nicer.

I reckon you'd be very happy whichever you chose.

Kilcoy, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

have a look at this YouTube Video of the kids waterslide at the Sofitel Resort

fijitraveltips.com/sofitel-resort-denarau---…

hopefully it will assist you in choosing a suitable resort

9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

Would definately recommend the Radisson- 3 different sized family pools (one with waterslide) plus another for adults only.

Fantastic place for families with lots on offer and food prices are reasonable. We always book the 1 bedrooms as they allow for easy nightime routine with a full kitchen and seperate bedroom.

Have fun!

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
633 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

Another vote for the Radisson...it is AWESOME!!!

Auckland
Level Contributor
32 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

I have stayed at both with kids and they are both great. I think you will be happy whichever one you go to.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

The Raddisson is a great choice for kids, so is the Sheraton - The Sheraton have a whole Children's Play centre, with trained staff etc- resembles a pre school! Either of these are great choices.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

either hotel will be fine

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

Hi,

Has anyone travelled to Fiji in January?.. This really is the only time we can get a break, but I am very concerned about the weather.. Don't mind if it's humid just don't want to be stuck in hotel rooms with three kids if it's raining all the time!

Also how does the HIlton compare with the other resorts mentioned above? Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

We stayed at the Radisson Blue earlier this year with two small children and it was fantastic. We booked a 1 bedroom suite which had a large size kitchen, washing machine and dryer. Very spacious and comfortable. Restaurants were great, and walking distance to other resorts close by. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone staying with kids. We used the kids club and nannies to babysit at night, the kids loved all of the pools, especially the waterslide. Very hard to fault!

sydney
Level Contributor
183 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Denarau hotel for family with 2 young kids?

Many thanks to all.

How is the kids pool at Sofitel? Is it really shallow? Can a 2 year old stand in the water? or is it for bigger kids?

Cheers