We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton studio rooms...

Sydney
2 posts
Save Topic
Sheraton studio rooms...

Hi, am travelling to Fiji with 2 adults and 4 and 1year old! Was wondering if anyone has stayed in a studio room and if its worth the paying the extra $$??? What's the cleanliness, as my daughter has severe asthma and allergies! Thanks so much

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Australia
Level Contributor
456 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton studio rooms...

Having stayed at Sheraton earlier this year with my 3 and 1 year olds, my suggestion is to pay the extra and get a villa with self catering options if you can afford it. You can get the local bus into Nadi town and get your groceries and it is a great trip on the bus for the kids. Very cheap. It is also closer to nicer pools for young kids. No matter where you decide to stay at the Sheraton join their SPG rewards program (free) because they sometimes give you room upgrades etc...Babysitting option given by the hotel is awesome.

Not all studio rooms have an extra room and it means you are all in one room even when the kids go to bed. Food in hotel is not cheap so the option to self cater much better.

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Nadi
Nadi
Viti Levu, Fiji
Brisbane...
Level Contributor
205 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton studio rooms...

We are booked into the Sheraton in a couple of weeks, the SPC card is available for a 12 month period for Aprox $300. A cheaper version is available for 3 months and costs $99 aud.

I have one and the card saves you heaps and well worth the investment.

Cheers

Edited: 5:33 am, October 12, 2013
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton studio rooms...

How do you get the SPC Card? Thanks - also what rooms would you recommend at the Sheraton for a 16 month old. I was thinking maybe a first floor encase he decided to make a mad dash out the door to the pool!

Tea Gardens...
Destination Expert
for Mana Island
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton studio rooms...

The SPC card is the Student Price Card which is a student loyalty discount programme in Canada and the USA. I doubt whether it would be available to residents of New Zealand.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
451 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton studio rooms...

There is some confusion with the different SPG cards.

Starwood Preferred Guest: SPG www.spg.com

This is a rewards program based around you staying at their properties.

You earn points and the more you stay the higher status you can achieve.

these points can then be used for free nights.

You can also get discounts of 10-30% on food depending on the venue / property.

Some more info is available at http://www.spgrestaurantsandbars.com

Joining SPG is free.

Star Privilege Pacific: SPP http://www.starprivilege-pacific.com https://www.facebook.com/StarPrivilegePacific

Star Privilege is a pre‐paid loyalty membership program designed to offer exclusive dining and accommodation benefits in Starwood Hotels & Resorts Pacific.

This seems more geared to discounts on dining and beverages. (I only have SPG card, so no experience with SPP)

As mentioned in a post above, cost is approx. $300 for a full year and $99 for a 3 month membership.

Edited: 7:07 pm, December 28, 2013
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton studio rooms...

Thank you so much for your clear message It is very helpful!

:)

Australia
Level Contributor
456 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton studio rooms...

As mrfreezetas has said, it was the starwood preferred guest programme (www.spg.com) that I referred to in my earlier post. :) It was free and I signed up on the internet - resulted in a room upgrade and some discounts on dining during our stay (April 2013).

Meant to add that the cleanliness in the villa we stayed in was superb! You will have a brilliant time - I'm envious as I want to go back there! :D

Edited: 7:56 pm, January 06, 2014
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton studio rooms...

Thanks they have called and I have opted for the 3 month card :)

9. Re: Sheraton studio rooms...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 12, 2015