We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denarui marina

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Denarui marina

Can anyone tell how the marina and restaurants at Port denarui are after the cyclone.. I heard today of my friend in Fiji that there's no longer any pontoons or jetty/wharf as it got smash to bits in the cyclone and boats go smashed up on rocks ?? No wharf or pontoons means no travel to islands

Canberra, Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Denarui marina

There are other boarding points available other than Denarau. If necessary, people could board the ferry from the nearest available beach, using small boats to ferry to the bigger vessel. Private sector ingenuity in Fiji is very much alive and well. I would contact your resort to find out.

PS : I see local tourists getting involved with the locals in cleaning up Denarau. They all seem to be enjoying themselves. I bet there will a kava session and singing and dancing afterwards. Fijians are kings at making light of the more serious challenges in life. All the best on your holidays

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Denarui marina

I can tell you that the port is operating normally. There are cats coming and going as well as smaller charter boats and tour operators.

Most of the restaurants are open as are the shops (with or without generator power). Lulu's was open for breakfast the morning after the cyclone and was doing a roaring trade! There are plenty of taxis and the Bula bus is going too. Apart from a few broken signs, downed trees and some broken jetties, it looks OK.

They expected mains power to be restored late yesterday or today, same with the water supply. Plenty of cold Fiji Bitter in the meantime!

3. Re: Denarui marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 22, 2013