We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carry on luggage with air pacific

Queensland
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Topic
carry on luggage with air pacific

As all other airlines they air pacific state 1 bag 7kg carry on , however lots of airlines allow you to also carry on a computer bag or handbag which is not counted in the weight. Can anyone who has flown with them from Sydney or Brisbane to Fiji let me know if passengers are doing this without penalty. Also checked bag weight do they give a tiny bit of leeway if just over 23kg

Thanks

AussieCol

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,101 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: carry on luggage with air pacific

Anything over the 23kg you will be charged for with checked baggage this can be expensive. We were able to take a laptop and handbag (not an oversize one) without them being weighed with our cabin liggage. You can read all about what you can and can't do re luggage at the Air Pacific terms and condition on their website.

Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: carry on luggage with air pacific

Hey there.... we have found Air Pacific to be extremely harsh with baggage.... we were charged $15.00 per kilo over and they made us pay to shrink wrap boxes... In regards to most of our travels from North America, through Fiji to Australia using Air Pacific and now heading back to Canada they have been quite challenging to deal with. Make sure you follow all of their rules....

Maroochydore Qld...
Level Contributor
280 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: carry on luggage with air pacific

Aussiecol, we have just got back a couple of weeks back, when we flew out of Brisbane our hand luggage was weighed, they were all the correct size and on the limit of 7 kg's each. I also had a small back pack and a laptop bag ( this had a laptop and 3 ipads/ tablets ) these weren't even looked at. My wife and daughters all had a 7kg carry on bag and a handbag, not a problem. However they are fairly strict on the 23kg's.

Safe travels

Steely.

Queensland
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: carry on luggage with air pacific

Thanks everyone looks like I will be able to take my laptop

Cheers AussieCol

Central Coast NSW
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: carry on luggage with air pacific

From my experience they will combine weights if you are travelling as a party with someone else. My bag was a little over 23kgs but my friend was under and they combined the total. I did not pay any extra

6. Re: carry on luggage with air pacific

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, December 17, 2013