We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Bookings

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel Bookings

Has anybody had any problems with making hotel bookings themselves rather than using a travel agent? I can book the same as agent can but for considerably less money.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Bookings

I dont use a travel agent havent had any problems.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Bookings

Hi Lisa,

I have been travelling to Fiji every year since 1999.

I always do my web research regarding prices and then compare them to what a travel agent "IN FIJI" can offer me.

Depending on who provides the best price, that's who I go with. I tend to find either Sun Vacations or Bookings.com have the best prices.

Should you wish to obtain a quote from a travel agent in Fiji to compare pricing, Sun Vacations Fiji is found at http://www.sunvacationsfiji.com and their email address is - info@sunvacationsfiji.com. Their office is located in Nadi Airport, 15 metres outside of the international arrivals gate. If I book with them, they meet/greet me and hand me my travel vouchers. Sometimes, depending on where I stay, I also get them to transfer me to a boat, seaplane or hotel. They do some good package prices and tend to come in about 10% cheaper than competitors.

With my direct web bookings, I always ensure I have the confirmation documents with me when travelling. Always check that what you print records if you have pre-paid. Sometimes this is not clear. If not, email the hotel reservations department direct for that confirmation. It is good to be able to produce email that to reception on departure, when paying, if there are any issues.

Happy travels.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
283 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Bookings

Make sure you check that the rate you've been quoted by a hotel directly includes any tax that may apply, and ask about credit card charges if you intend to pay with one.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Bookings

Make sure you include travel insurance as well if booking online.

5. Re: Hotel Bookings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 30, 2013