We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washing Machines at Sheraton or Westin

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Washing Machines at Sheraton or Westin

Does anyone know whether there is a laundromat in Denaru?

I checked with the Sheraton Resort and they don't have a laundry for guests, just the laundry service which for a family of four for 10 nights will become a bit expensive!

I expect the Sheraton Villas to not have a guest laundry seeing as the rooms have washing machines, unless anyone knows if there is one there? Would be interested to know if the Westin has a guest laundry that I could use?

Thanks

C

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Washing Machines at Sheraton or Westin

There's no laundromat at Denarau Island unfortunately.

Many of the villas have washing machines and dryers in the apartments.

The Sheraton used to have a coin operated one, but don't think that exists anymore.

The Radisson 1 bed suites have washing machines and dryers, as does The Terraces Apartments.

"AnniG" DE for Denarau also, recently stayed at the Westin, perhaps PM her and ask.

Or email the Westin and ask.

LTB

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,956 posts
163 reviews
2. Re: Washing Machines at Sheraton or Westin

The Westin does not have washing machines. When i enquired they were happy to do a bag at a reasonable price as i did not want to pay the exhorbitant prices.

They did suggest I do not take my clothes to a laundromat in Nadi as they said I would not get my clothes back.:)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Washing Machines at Sheraton or Westin

As already mentioned, theres no laundry facilities at either resort.

Both resorts have clothes hangers that you can remove from the wardrobes, so I just hand washed things & hung them on the hangers around the room. Most things dried in less than 24 hours & didnt need ironing either (not much fun with 4 of you though)!

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
4. Re: Washing Machines at Sheraton or Westin

Thanks for your help. I will have a go at the handwashing and expect that when I decide I would rather have a cocktail and a swim will use the laundry service!

C

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
285 posts
87 reviews
5. Re: Washing Machines at Sheraton or Westin

For what it's worth, there are guest washing machines and dryers down at the Sofitel. A little discretion may be called for though.....

Pacific Coast...
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
10,505 posts
156 reviews
6. Re: Washing Machines at Sheraton or Westin

As you practically live in our swimmers you shouldn't have too much washing the last thing I want to do on holidays is use a washing machine. Hand washing I do and it might be an idea to take one of those travel clothes lines and some pegs otherwise use the laundry service. Enjoy our holiday and those cocktails!!

5 posts
7. Re: Washing Machines at Sheraton or Westin

just for interest. There are complimentary washers and dryers for guests staying at the Sofitel. You do need to be a guest as the laundry door is locked and so a guest room key is needed to open it.

This service is for Sofitel Guests Only im afraid.

Adam - GM Sofitel

8. Re: Washing Machines at Sheraton or Westin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 09, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Denarau Island