We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Denarau at the moment

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Denarau at the moment

Hi there

Does anyone know what the weather is like in Denarau at the moment? I have had friends return from the coral coast just this week and they have said the weather was so bad (mainly windy) that they had to close the beaches!).

Many thanks

A

California
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Denarau at the moment

Bula AngeF,

I am writing from Lautoka about 30 km north of Denarau.

I've been here for 2 days and the weather's been great!

I'm guessing in the low 80sF in the day, comfortably cooler at night. Intermittent cloud cover and very slight breezes, but lotsa sun too. And the humidity is low. I can hardly feel it.

Hope this helps.

Woo Hoo!

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Denarau at the moment

AWESOME - Thanks so much! :o)

Brisbane
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Denarau at the moment

Hi,

We have been to Fiji on 4 occassions in the past couple of years and found that anywhere east of Sigatoka cops the wind and rain if there is any.

We have stayed mostly at the Fijian which is still considered part of the coral coast however is located just west of Sigatoka and seems to be sheltered from those north eastern winds which seem to hit the hotels on the other side Sigatoka on the coral coast. On most occassions we have stayed in lovely weather throughout our whole stay and on our return have heard others complain about the weather at the Outrigger (amd other Coral Coast destinations) which is virtually just round the corner (say about 30 minutes away).

Denarau Island which is cloase to Nadi also seems to be exposed to the elements and does rain there a lot more and is quiet humid. For short stays however and if you wish to island hop the Mamanuca's, this is the place to start.

Cheers from Oz

Wazza

Sydney
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Denarau at the moment

Hi,

Your friends were most unlucky. We stayed at Denarau from the 18/7/08 to 26/7/08.

Every day was sunny and averaged about 28oC. On some days (i rekcon 3 all up on the trip) the wind picks up but no way would i say it was "bad".

James

5. Re: Weather in Denarau at the moment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, October 06, 2009