We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at ferry dock or Ceiba airport: cheaper? safer?

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Burlington...
Level Contributor
75 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at ferry dock or Ceiba airport: cheaper? safer?

We will be renting a car in San Juan and then flying to Culebra from Ceiba and taking the ferry back a few days later. Rather than pay the drop-off fees each way, I realized it is cheaper and easier just to park the car while we're on Culebra. Should we park at the airport and then take a cab from the ferry dock to the airport when we return, or should we park at the ferry dock and take a cab from there to the airport before our flight? What does each parking option cost? Is one parking area safer or more secure than the other? Will it be fairly easy to get a cab from the ferry dock to the airport (on a Wednesday, mid-day) to get there in time for our flight? Any idea what the cab ride will cost?

Thanks, as always!

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Parking at ferry dock or Ceiba airport: cheaper? safer?

HI frankipoo,

Thank you so much for your response. My host has already bought ferry tickets for us but i will likely do what you say. Since we will be flying out to Culebra on Saturday (Nov 30th) we will fly that day and take the ferry back on tuesday afternoon. Hopefully it will work out for us :)

Do i need to reserve the tickets for the flights in advance or depending on the situation at ferry can we decide to fly the same day?

Thank you so much for helping me organize everything for my trip. Really really appreciate it!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
770 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Parking at ferry dock or Ceiba airport: cheaper? safer?

Franki:

Yes, Culebra, thanks for the correction/clarification.

Rmk:

You may have a lot of boring waiting time at the airport before you catch a flight if you switch from the ferry to flight without a reservation. I would allow extra time to get back for a return flight home.

Out

23. Re: Parking at ferry dock or Ceiba airport: cheaper? safer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 31, 2014