We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife: dancing in around Fajardo

canton
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
nightlife: dancing in around Fajardo

Hello there: I'll be at the Fajardo Inn at end of december. Friends are staying at El Conquistador. Are there places nearby or right in town (native vs. resorts and without having to go into San Juan), any good clubs for latin dancing or any dancing?? thanks!

Lita

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,383 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife: dancing in around Fajardo

I can't help... But bumping this back to the top. Fajarado is more of a quiet town, I don't know of any clubs. Although I will say that any pub depending on the crowd will have some kind of music and danceing happening. That's just PR. The club seen is back in San Juan. Although I've been on the second floor lobby at the El Con at the Cigar bar, now martini bar with a piano player banging the keys. Dancing and singing along.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife: dancing in around Fajardo

Not much in the NE end for dancing. I was chatting with a local and they did mention a dance place in Fajardo, but I didn't get the name. Maybe someone has better info.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife: dancing in around Fajardo

I live here in Fajardo and I'm still looking for those places where you can dance latin salsa and enjoy libations!

But seriously...Right now on weekends, there is live music in Las Croabas, specifically, Racar Rest. starting around 4:00 pm till about 9:00pm.

Within walking distance from your friends staying at El Con.

Music provided by half canned DJ music/ half live is mostly merengues and bachatas with a sprinkle of Salsa in between. Me, being a Salsero for life...HATE BACHATAS!!

Another place is Sharkey's, located in Barrio Quebrada Vueltas, between Fajardo and Ceiba, Fri tru Sun starting around 8:00pm till 12:00 on Sundays, using highway 3 south. But it's more of the same beats and DJs...and did I say I HATE BACHATA?

Anyway, it's what we got and its better than nothing. For some serious latin dancing, you have no better choice than to go to Isla Verde area.

BUT WAIT!...THERE IS MORE!

In route to Loiza, by way of road 187, starting from Isla Verde area, past Piñones about 1 mile,, there is this "hole-in-the-wall" , place called "El Balcon del Zumbador", which doesn't look or pretends to be fancy or stylish but for serious local salsa dancers (including me) is the place to enjoy live latin beats and great dancers!

It has the beachfront in the back for a nice stroll with the music in the background. And best of all...NO BACHATAS OR MERENGUES ALLOWED!

Hope this helps

WHEN IN PUERTO RICO, NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO...THERE YOU ARE...IN PARADISE!

ENJOY MY ISLAND!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife: dancing in around Fajardo

Hey calrican, Thanks for the tip on El Balcon. The problem with Bacchata is that its basically country and doesn't have the stimulating rhythm of salsa.

canton
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife: dancing in around Fajardo

thank you, all!!! I'm looking forward to visiting Fajardo and if I can find a place to dance, it will be the icing on the cake......Whatever we do, I'm sure it will be enjoyable!!!

Happy Holidays, Lita

6. Re: nightlife: dancing in around Fajardo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 23, 2013