We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Casitas

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Las Casitas

Hi,

We are a family of 5-children aging in ranges from 7,8 and 12. Want quiet,nice rooms(villas-with kitchen)and some sun.

Am thinking of booking here and was looking for some feedback from people who have stayed here. Have read some reviews stating that the accommodations were less than Waldorf standards. Would appreciate any help!

Thanks so much.

United States
Level Contributor
9,322 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Casitas

We just returned...we found the accommodations very nice and comfortable...not Four Season style but the views are spectacular and service was fine. Not sure what Waldorf standards are really. For me it is all about views, nice weather and beautiful pools etc. Las Casitas had all those things and more. I would request an accommodation in the Casitas 2 area...quieter and newer.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Casitas

Las Casitas is one of the best bets for villa style accommodations. The private villas at Rio Mar are a good alternative (better units IMO but less spectacular views depending on the unit.) With 5- kids I would recommend Las Casitas as you have access (for a fee) to the water park at the El Con which is really very nice especially for kids.

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
451 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Casitas

I agree with the other posts. We are returning next month to Las Casitas for the third time in four years. The resort is well maintained with nice pools, restaurants (plus some others nearby), and the private island beach. We haven't tried the water park, but it looks nice. Ask for an ocean front unit if you can--the view is spectacular.

nc
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Casitas

We are returning for our third visit for our kids winter break this year. We loved Las Casitas. We have a 9 and 10 year old. There are a lot of things for the kids to do and many dining options. Las Casitas is quiet and somewhat seperate from the main resort. Has several small pools. It definetly has a higher end feel than main resort. It isn"t a Ritz but perfect for a family vacation. If you have any more questions, let me know. We are from Wrightsville Beach.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Casitas

Although Las Casitas 2 (the newer ones) is a nice accomodation some with beautiful ocean views, you have to compromise on the access to your room because of its remotenes. We just stayed here last Thanskgiving and twice I forgot my books and magazines while being at the beach and at the waterpark. You are so remote that those two days I just was not able to read anything during the day. Also, there are no stores that sells them nearby by beach or waterpark. We also had the bad luck that on the third day both funiculars broke so after walking all the way there, we had to return and take a shuttle drive outside the resort for about 7 minutes in order to get to the water park (or beach ferry). Service could also improve, as there are lots of pool waiters and they prefer to talk between themselves instead of serving guests. Lifeguard at water park kept texting. Unfortunately our stay was not that great. Accomodations are nice though.

As WTPArmok mentioned, you can also compare the casitas with the villas at the Wyndham Rio Mar. You need to rent those through owners (vrbo.com) or agents.

United States
Level Contributor
9,322 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Casitas

Casitas 2 is only a few minutes further walk than Casitas 1. The logistical problems stated above apply, in my opinion, to either Casitas village but it is well worth it for the accommodations, views and calmer atmosphere. We were lucky with any shuttle or funicular we used...all came quickly. It was fun to explore the bigger resort (El Con) but a total pleasure to leave the crazyness over there. Also it is important to know that if occupancy is lower (ie during low season and some weeks even in high season) the Casita Cafe (breakfast) and the lunch place by the pool might not be operational. That might make a difference as we did find it nice to just go there as they were close. Also the spa is not far.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Casitas

Thanks,very helpful!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Casitas

We are booked at Las Casitas-2 bedroom ocean view.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much for the feedback-going first week in march.

Fajardo, puerto rico
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Casitas

Dear NCtraveler2012,

Please feel free to contact Las Casitas Village Personal Concierge Ana Colon at AColon@LuxuryResorts.com, so that she may provide you with the information requested and assist with planning your trip. This is a complimentary service extended to all Casitas Village future guests.

Ana will be able to provide:

- transportation options from the airport,

- orient you on tours and activities available, Spa etc...,

- make restaurant reservations at the Resort or outside,

- arrange babysitting services,

- pre-order groceries if you have reserved a villa (villas are equipped with kitchens),

- as well as provide you with valuable insights.

This will ensure you can spend a leisurely vacation at the Resort free of the hassle of making any arrangements yourself.

Sincerely,

Las Casitas Village Guest Services Manager

10. Re: Las Casitas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, March 02, 2013