We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

I will be visiting PR for springbreak with my family. I am looking for a company that offers ziplining for small kids as well as adults. All of the places that I have seen have a weight and height requirement. My kids are almost 4ft but they only weigh about 52lbs a piece. Can anyone give me some advice, thanks! I am also looking for someplace that offers dunebuggy style tours and snooka tours.

Spread Eagle II
Sightseeing Tours
Salty Dog Catamaran
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Fun Cat Catamaran
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Catamaran Getaway
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

My small niece was able to do Marquesa zip line, they had a guide go with her on the longer zips.

Check out Campo Rico Tropical Trail Rides- they offer a 4 seater dune buggy type ATV tour.

I think there is a snooka tour out of Fajardo.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

Check this site out, I frequently receive things to do in PR from this website and they recently sent me a zipling adventure that is perfect for kids. puertoricodaytrips.com/rainforest-zipline-co…

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

I love that website ;-)

Being that I have done them both, here is my opinion:

Unless someone is really scared to zip line, do Marquesa over the other zip line mentioned. For the money, you might as well have a thrill!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

Thank you all for the information. I will probably go with the more exciting tour. The kids will have a blast. Any other suggestions for activities would be greatly appreciated. The kids are really nature buffs.

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
462 posts
577 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

Do you mind telling me which zip line you signed up for? I also have 8 and 10 year olds we want to do the zip lining in March on our cruise. The 8 year old is tiny and the 10 year old is normal size. Both are very adventurous so I'm not worried about too much adventure for them, me on the other hand....well you know, I'm the mom!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

I am going to go with the Marquesa Zipline company. My little ones are also a bit adventurous. If you go in March, please let me know how you liked it. Thanks!

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

Hello, our company operates and workks whith children as young as 5 years of age. wheigth is not a problem because if they are too light they go tandem on the ziplines wit h our highly qualified guides.

For more info. check out "La Plata Zipline Experience" on trip advisor or visit : www.tropicaladventureguides.com

you can also call 787-410-8706.

Att.

Alfonso (Tour Coordinator)

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

La Marquesa is nice, but is the only company with an accident claim in Puerto Rico. "not to safe"

Edited: 12:16 pm, June 14, 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

We did the Zipline tour with Toro Verde in Ostrovis (sp), they have the second largest zipline in the world (half mile). The kids had an experience of a lifetime. You can see the picture with my name. On some of the lines they rode alone and on others they sent them together. I loved seeing them glide along the line together. A true bonding experience.

Boston
Level Contributor
482 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zipline for kids 8 and 10, they are short and thin!

I have the same issues. My guys have done ziplining in Belize 150+ feet above the jungle canopy (mom too!!) and want the same experience in Puerto Rico. I've read that the ziplining just outside the rain forest can take smaller children but is a much tamer option. Did you look into the other options listed above? If so, what did you learn? Thanks.