We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey, USA
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

Please post your suggestions for restaurants OUTSIDE of the El Con Resort from casual to high-end. Also please let me know if any are within walking distance and/or how much a taxi would cost to get to/from the restaurants. Thanks - I appreciate the help.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

If you are staying at El Conquistador, and planning on dining outside, definitely rent a car, as otherwise they will be too expenive if you take into account the cab fare. El Conquistador has nothing walking distance. Great restaurants in Fajardo are Pasion por el Fogon (this one has won awards) which is only 5 minute car drive away, and Lolitas, a Mexican casual restaurant with great prices and awesome burritos. Lolitas is about 10-15 minute car drive away. All the others I like are at Luquillo, about 20 minute car drive away from El Con. If interested in these, let me know so I can give you their names also.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
7,916 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

The El Con is a very large resort. You'll have to walk a half to 3 qrtrs of a mile past and through the golf course to get to the main gate. There is a restaurant to the right about a half mile. You can also head north from the Marina when the gate is open and there are a couple places there. Those are probably the ones that are walkable. Your best bet is a car rental.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

You really need a car unless you are prepared to spend a lot of money in Taxi. There are casual Restaurants in Fajardo, but the " high end" are in the Resort.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

You can walk to Las Croabas! Very easy. Many do not know this. But do it at daytime for brunch, lunch or late luch/early dinner. Go down on the funicular as to get the ferry to the beach. Walk to the left (the only way to walk) along the coast and you will end up at las Croabas, where budget- but very nice- local and seafood restauranta are located.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

Some local more high end restaurants in the area offer free shuttle!!! Or they have frivers for a fee/taxis. Look them up on the internet or on the local tourism magazines and call them to ask about transportation.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

If you have a car, check among others La Estacion and Pasion por el Fogon. Metropol (cuban -pr) and there is a new mexican restaurant (name escapes...) at the Fajardo Shopping Center. These are in Fajardo.

There are many monre in FAjardo , Luquillo and Rio Grande.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
100 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

If your package at El Con includes airport transfers you still might want to rent a car at resort for a couple of days. Best bet is to rent car at airport, as cabs and shuttles/transports add up to a lot more than car rental.

Luquillo is close by and Pasta y Pueblo is awesome (basically a shack with great food) ...kiosks are great place to eat El Jefe Burger, Ceviche Hut are great.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

Agree, if package includes transportation to and from hotel then I'd definitely rent a car for a few days. If not, make arrangements to rent a car right from the airport. It's very easy and the shuttle service is quick.

Columbia, Maryland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

Can you tell me the name of the restaurants in las Croabas?

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
430 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants OUTSIDE of El Con Resort

I second La Eastacion. As you exit the resort, it is down the road to the right--not very far. It looks like an old gas station (hence the name). Very good food and drinks, but call ahead, as they sometimes close for private parties. You could walk there, but it is probably a couple miles, so we drove.

There is another place a bit further down the road on the right side, but I'm sorry that the name escapes me now.

Edited: 12:46 pm, April 18, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Fajardo