We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayak or walking tour? biobay

Toronto
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kayak or walking tour? biobay

Can anyone tell me which tour is better in terms of seeing the biobay.

We arent big fans of kayaking but if it is conciderably better than the walking tour, than we will concider taking it.

Also, how long of drive is it on a saturday night from San Juan?

Thank you to all that reply

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayak or walking tour? biobay

Never heard of a walking tour of a Bio-Bay. There are 3 of them. The best is on Vieques. You would need to get to that island to enjoy it. East Island excursions runs a trip over in the evening. They have a good website. The closest to San Juan would be the one in the Fajardo area and that can only be seen by Kayak.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayak or walking tour? biobay

Well, the Vieques BioBay with East Island Excursions is probably the best experience for seeing the BioBays. A boat ride and swimming etc.

But for the Fajardo ones, if you don't like to kayak or are unable to, the walking tour one is a great option. Call early to reserve in English since they have very limited space.

The Kayak trip is good and you are closer to the water, so you can touch it. With the walking tour, you are above the water, but you are able to go to some of the darkest places on the edges of the bay.

I have written my experiences of each trip on my blog, maybe it will help you decide:

puertoricodaytrips.com/eastwind-vieques-biob…

puertoricodaytrips.com/las-cabezas-bio-bay-w…

www.puertoricodaytrips.com/fajardo-bio-bay/

Toronto
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayak or walking tour? biobay

Great, thank you I think we will stay with the walking tour.

How long of a drive is it on a sat night from Hampton inn Isla Verde to the walking tour start point?

Thank you

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,810 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kayak or walking tour? biobay

I would allow 1hr.

I think they will tell you to get there 30 mins early anyway, so you have some fudge room, in case there is some traffic issue.

5. Re: Kayak or walking tour? biobay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 29, 2010