We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bio bay tour - Sunday night

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westfield, New York
Level Contributor
603 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bio bay tour - Sunday night

Our only night in the Fajardo area in a couple weeks is a Sunday night unfortunately. We're really hoping to do a kayak tour of the bio bay, but hear that most of the tour companies don't run on Sunday nights :( Does anyone know of any that DO go out -- that you would recommend? Thanks!

Baltimore
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bio bay tour - Sunday night

Yes, I want to ask the same question. Our cruise will stop by Sun Juan on a Sunday, and I am also hoping to do a Kayak tour of the biobay. I appriciate it if someone can answer this question.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bio bay tour - Sunday night

Hi

I don't know if they are closed on sundays. but check out puertoricodaytrips.com they have great information and options you can contact.

I put link here you can cut and paste, if doesn't work to to website on top.

puertoricodaytrips.com/2007/…

good luck and enjoy!!!

Baltimore
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bio bay tour - Sunday night

Hi, Bigbeauty, thanks a lot for your information! I finally found one can help with this.

Shatawkwa, you can give a try on this number:(787)791-7509. Enjoy your trip. :)

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,761 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bio bay tour - Sunday night

I can't say with 100% certainty that it is not "allowed" to go to the Fajardo Bio bay on a Sunday, but I was told by a few reps of other kayak companies that they don't go out on Sundays or allow swimming to "help preserve the bay".

The phone number is for "eco-action" which has gotten a few bad mentions on this board. Do a search and you will see. The most recent was today: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g612474-i11045-k17…

I have no personal experience with them, but I do think it is questionable that they are one of the few companies that go out on Sunday, and their website says you can do an electric boat ride there and swim. I do know there are no electric boats available, only one gas engine boat. I also know it is against the DRNA rules to swim in Fajardo Bio Bay. I have to assume no Bio Bay on Sundays is also a legal thing because otherwise, why wouldn't everyone want to make money 7 nights a week? I may be wrong (and I hope so) because I hate to see companies disregard ecological restrictions just to make a buck.

I realize you have only this one night to go, but.... maybe just wait until your next visit to PR to do this adventure.

Yabucoa
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bio bay tour - Sunday night

Yes another great experience is the babybaycruserlagoon is a boat of Capt. Suarez is aa trip into the biobay and is really imprecive is you want call him to 7876552739,7874359167 or 7875567675 and he work at sunday.

6. Re: Bio bay tour - Sunday night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:30 pm, March 06, 2008
7. Re: Bio bay tour - Sunday night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, September 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Fajardo