We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from the Marina of El Conquistador (any maps?)

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Walking from the Marina of El Conquistador (any maps?)

I have heard mention that it's possible to get to some restaurants and kayak operators for the bio bay trips by walking from the marina area of El Conquistador. Is this true and if so how far of a walk? Any maps around of the area?

Thanks

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from the Marina of El Conquistador (any maps?)

Sure is true. You dont need any maps, it is literraly out the gate and down the street.

There are a few fresh seafood restaurants and this is the area where the tours leave for the biobay. This area is called Las Croabas. Look for either Las Croabas or Laguna Grande and you will see the road that leads right in to the marina area of the El Conquistador.

Cape Cod
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from the Marina of El Conquistador (any maps?)

Which restaurants would you recommend dining at in that area? Any advice would be appreciated. Is it safe to walk there after dark?

Thanks

new york
Level Contributor
169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from the Marina of El Conquistador (any maps?)

ditto senoritasuzie - would love to know what restaurants to go to. Also, how long we will be walking and is it well lit? It's the 5 of us including our kids - ages 14, 12, 9.

Thanks

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from the Marina of El Conquistador (any maps?)

these aren't really the type of restaurant that you may be expecting.

the restaurants, there are atleast 3 in the area, are humble locally owned places (could be called a hole in the wall type of place) but in my opinion, these restaurants are tastier than expensive ones... maybe cheap things taste better. lol

they all sell basically the same thing, sea food (pretty much fried fish and arepas or tostones).

I believe there is one restaurant that is more of a "real restaurant" further down the street.

you will walk for 10 or 15 minutes at most.

Cape Cod
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from the Marina of El Conquistador (any maps?)

Hi RickyB,

Thanks! "Hole in the wall" restaurants with good seafood sound just perfect! My husband will be glad that we doesn't have to dress up, and we will both be relieved that we're not paying exhorbitant prices for food. Do you know the names of any of these spots? Are there any dinner items that you would particularly recommend?

Also, is it safe to walk there after dark? Thanks again for your help!

Maryland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking from the Marina of El Conquistador (any maps?)

Here's a map for you- Just cut and paste into browser:

api.tiles.virtualearth.net/api/GetMap.ashx…

The walk is at least 700 yards or more and thats after you get yourself to the tram, down to the bottom, to the marina, and to the marina exit.

The hotel's marina is at bottom right on map, the closest off property places to eat are on upper right. We stayed on the "V" section of the hotel facing that circle on the upper right.

Heres a view of that circle:

http://www.martinek.com/images/fajardo.jpg

Beautiful but sketchy area to walk to. Would walk around during day if able to find a place to park-(crowded when we drove thru) We took rental car around the long way to see the area and definitely would say its a locals only section.

Everyone has an opinion- I was married in Downtown Cancun, worked in Montego Bay, Negril, and Nassau and seek out the off the beaten path sections when I travel- but safety first.

My advice? Avoid the walk and take a taxi if you really want to go there.

7. Re: Walking from the Marina of El Conquistador (any maps?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, September 19, 2009