We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way car rental Fajardo-San Juan

Which Fajardo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Dakota
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
One way car rental Fajardo-San Juan

Can anyone tell me how to find a car rental agency that will rent one way from Farjardo to San Juan - and what I can expect to pay per day for the rental?

Thanks-

Sandi

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,838 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One way car rental Fajardo-San Juan

Avis.com has a place in Fajardo and you can drop of in San Juan. Usually compact cars are $ 30 - $ 40 per day, but they do charge a drop of rate of about $ 30 also.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One way car rental Fajardo-San Juan

Depending on the number of passengers, you might do better hiring a taxi to take you. A car will run you close to $100 with drop-off, rental, gas & insurance. Plus the trouble of directions, pick-up & drop-off. Also, depending on where you're going you might need to take a short taxi ride anyway...... do the math and decide...

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One way car rental Fajardo-San Juan

Avis, Hertz, and Enterprise allow it and they have Fajardo offices. I don't know if they pick you up at the dock- you should ask. There usually is a one-way drop off fee on top of the rental.

With a car rental, you can take your time going to San Juan- stopping at the beaches, shopping, the rain forest, a nice lunch or just taking a scenic route back.

Tampa
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One way car rental Fajardo-San Juan

thanks for the posting. I am going at the end of this month and was wondering the same thing. $80 per person each way is $$$$$$$ so Im thinking rent a car and bring my GPS with us. Are the roads safe we are flying in at night and will have to drive in the dark to the hotel.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
95 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One way car rental Fajardo-San Juan

We rented from L&M Car rental several years ago and got a good rate. They have offices in San Juan and also Fajardo

Ali

6. Re: One way car rental Fajardo-San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 11, 2009