We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day sailing trip companies

Saint Paul, MN
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day sailing trip companies

We're looking to take a day sailing/snorkel trip out of Fajardo. Can anyone recommend a company other than Erin go Braugh (they are booked)? I see posts about east island excursions - are they okay? Any others to recommend? Thanks!

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day sailing trip companies

We had a great time with East Island on their Culebra snorkeling trip. Unfortunately, the weather made it too rough to cross to Culebra as planned, so they gave everyone the option of either cancelling with a full refund or getting a $20 discount and going to three alternate snorkeling sites (Icacos, Isla Lobos, and a third place I can't remember). We took the latter option, so our family saved a total of $80. The food was great, the members of the crew were a lot of fun, and it was a friendly party atmosphere. We were all first-time snorkelers and a little nervous, but we jumped right in and had loads of fun.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,288 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day sailing trip companies

I second the recommendation. I have used them several times and always had a great time. They have both a sailing trip and a power cat. The power cat will get you to Culebra and the Luis Pean preserve. A living reef that is loaded. Then a stop at Flamenco beach, wonderful.

Upstate, SC
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day sailing trip companies

Have be on East Island Excursions twice. Both trips were great! Both trips where a snorkeling stop and the a stop at Flamenco Beach on Culebra island. Great trip and a beautiful beach.

My wife used dramamine patch to make the trip.

Saint Paul, MN
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day sailing trip companies

Thank you for the responses! Very helpful :)

Saint Paul, MN
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day sailing trip companies

We were planning to go with East Island...but stumbled upon Spread Eagle II and thought it looked a little more our pace...not quite such a party? We'll see...the trip is in 2 weeks and we'll report back after! :)

6. Re: Day sailing trip companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 25, 2009