We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystic Mountain Question Please

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
175 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Mystic Mountain Question Please

Will only be in Jamaica one day from Falmouth on Cruise. Know it takes about an hour from Falmouth to MM and are planning to do bobsleigh and Ziplines. Are getting a private tour straight off ship. How long should we estimate to spend at MM and would we have time to climb Dunns?

Any thoughts really appreciated. Also know we will be wet but would it be best to climb falls first before too many crowds? Is there anywhere near falls or MM for real coconut drinks for my sons?

Thanks Moira

the pas manitoba
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mystic Mountain Question Please

You can actually get through Mystic Mountain quite quickly. We went as a family of 4. All 4 fit in the lift to get to the top. Once up there you can choose to spend extra time at the pool, waterside, gift shop etc. It was cool the day we went (December) and my kids are grown and were only interested in the adventure. They bobsled(ed?) first, which brings you back up top, then jumped right in line for zip lining. That takes you 1/2 way down (approx) where you dismount and continue on down the mountain to the bottom. We had plans later in the day and I would say 2 hours would be pushing it. Probably more like 1 1/2 hrs. Which is what made the just shy of $500 fee just a slight bit painful.. I think you would have time to do Dunns, but perhaps with someone with more area knowledge could throw some advice in. The Dunns River was a much better experience for our family. We loved it there. Not sure about the coconut drink, but sure you could get one somewhere. Enjoy!!

Chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mystic Mountain Question Please

We went to MM last June it was over a 2 hour wait to do the zip lining. Worth the wait but might cut into your time constraints. We did not do the falls as that us not our cup of tea

Level Contributor
579 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mystic Mountain Question Please

It could get really crowded at Dunns River Falls during that day...though I've met a few guests who have done it and returned to the ship on time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mystic Mountain Question Please

To decide on doing Dunns River Falls before or after the other activities, Google "cruise ship port schedules" for Ocho Rios and also Falmouth. If there are not many ships in, activities may not be as crowded. On a busy day, do DRF first.

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mystic Mountain Question Please

It might be a bit much to do both in a few hours...but I would suggest Mystic Mountain first and then Dunn's River as the latter you can leave when you want to, i.e., you can choose to climb or not to climb and how long to spend there. Ask your driver to stop on the way for coconut water - I am sure he will find somewhere.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mystic Mountain Question Please

Because its a cruise ship day they will be a lot people doing both activities.

Ensure as the ship dock you try to come off the same time to meet your private tour/guide so as to reach the venue before the crowd. So you can climb the Dunn's River first and then Mystic Mountain after and then stop on the way for nice cold coconut.

7. Re: Mystic Mountain Question Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 15, 2013