We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Mountain Coffee

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
242 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Mountain Coffee

I hear the coffee is great. Which is better, high mountain or low mountain and where will i get a good deal in Falmount..how much a pound etc.

We are going there for 2 weeks the end of April for the first time.

thanks and all the best

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Blue Mountain coffee. It will say Blue Mountain on it. I buy beans from a friend but I believe it's around $30.00 usd per pound. You can purchase in the airport on your way out if you wish.

Ft wayne Indiana
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

the airport is the best place to get it yes around $30.00 us dollors

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
242 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Thanks

I hear there is a difference in the quality/price of high mountain and low mountain.

Is is marked on the package and which is the best.

Are there any stores that sell cheaper than the airport, some comments made online said it was purchased for like 12.00 us per pound...but did not say where.

We may take a day trip to Montego Bay so we could have a look in there.

Also, do they do excursions to where it is harvested?

All the best.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Please be careful when buying - i had a freind who brought some in Salem at a supermarket and when they got home and opended them they was not what they should have been!

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

If you are looking for the genuine article, which many people claim is the best, it needs to be certified. The package should have “Certified 100% Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee – The Coffee Industry Board of Jamaica” printed on it. If you buy anything other than that, it may well be good coffee, it may even be grown somewhere on Blue Mountain, but will not come from the prime growing area. High mountain coffee is not from the certified area.

As Kall points out, buy with care. Some coffee is offered in Jamaica that is claimed to be the genuine article, but if you don't see that certificate it almost certainly isn't.

Blue Mountain Coffee is mild and mellow, so not to everyone’s taste.

NJ
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Hello. I bought a pack of the blue mountain coffee at bamboo village and at the gift shop at the Starfish. I wanted to compair the two. I found that the gift shop was better, a little bit on the stronger side. The village was milder. I thought for my taste anyway... using four tablespoons of the whole beans for six cups made a for a good cup of coffee. Like stated before, it is a milder coffee but nice. Enjoy!

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

I bought mine at the bamboo village as well, in a little burlap pouch. Believe I paid about 15 dollars for it, it was more in the gift shop so I thought it was a good deal....Once home I found after taking it out of the burlap, the coffee was in plastic bag and it's sealed with brown packing tape so I doubt it's authentic! Haven't tasted it yet...hope it's alright, it smells good! I didn't even know there was high and low brands!

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
242 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

thats the thing

do i have to purchase at the airport to get the real deal or are there legit stores in Falmouth where the price is less? ...even some other towns...we will be going off of the resort often i hope.

When in cuba we did get cigars on the beach, now mind you some of them looked like they were rolled in a hurry and we knew they were not the real thing...but it would be harder to tell with coffee as it is all packaged.

You would think that the bigger stores, say in Montego Bay sell Blue Mountain coffee.

Thanks

Island Cove

Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,671 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

Just back from JA last night. Had another amazing time!!

Bought several 1b burlap bags of Wallingford BM coffee

for $26US, 5lb Wallingford BM coffee $95US, and a 5lb JA high mountain for $50US at the airport.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
9,947 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Mountain Coffee

I bought my Blue Mountain coffee at a supermarket in Savanna la Mar. 100% certified Blue Mountain coffee, same brand as at the airport for about $17US or $18US (based on the exchange rate in effect in December/08) per pound. At the airport they only had 8 oz. packages but at the supermarket they had 8 oz. and 16 oz. beans or grind.

Gregg