We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luminous lagoon

uk
Level Contributor
216 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
luminous lagoon

I went to starfish a few years abck now before it was starfish! We did this trip to the luminous lagoon where the water glowed when you moved it.

Does anyone know if this can still be done?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: luminous lagoon

Great! Thanks for the info! Now the next question....can we just decide one day we want to go and hop a cab? Or do we need to make reservations?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
293 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: luminous lagoon

We went on a whim without a reservation it was a tuesday night not sure if that makes a difference for the weekends. They did ask if we had a reservation but with more than half the place empty they gladly took us to a table. The only thing I would reccommend making a reservation for even on the day of is just to asure getting a seat/table out on the deck for your meal.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: luminous lagoon

What if we just wanted to do the boat ride through the lagoon? Do we need to call ahead for that or can we just go?

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: luminous lagoon

You can just go. I have never made a reservation.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: luminous lagoon

Ok...thank you soo much for all the info!!! I love TA!!

London, England
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: luminous lagoon

for 2 adults and 2 kids eating it came to $190, that included the boat prices too. We all had shrimp starters, both hubby and son had the lobster which they loved, I had chicken corden bleu (so so, abit soggy, oily) and daughter had other planish chicken, Loads on menu though to choose from. I had a couple of beers and hubby had some wine, by the glass and the kids a couple of sprites. The meal certainly was worth it for their lobster and their was nice soca music in back ground. I did find it humid under the canopy of veranda, they have celing fans inside though.

Hubby and I knew we wouldn't be going in water period. So we went smart casual. I basically had white smart trousers with a blouse, hubby, chino/docker full leg trouser and shirt. They do have toilets and shower but I couldn't imagine using them as a proper changing room, there pretty basic. Once your out on the boat it's pitch black, (smooth waters so don't worry about eating before hand) so best to wear your swimwear underneath ready to peel off on the boat, that said you'll still have to dry off to get back in taxi though. Take mozzie spray to re-apply....they burn something in buckets but I don't know how effective they were. .

Pa.
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: luminous lagoon

Thank you that really covered all my questions. And even a few i did not think to ask :) like the sea sick one. If it is not always open I think i will call for reservations when we get to JA to make sure since it is June and considered slow season and our Anniversary is a Monday and not a weekend day. Thanks again to all who helped answer.

kansas
Level Contributor
176 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: luminous lagoon

Hello all, I've been enjoying reading all topics of Starfish and surrounding excursions! We (family of 5-me,wife, son-13, daughters 5 and 5 months are traveling to Starfish from November 21- Nov. 26. We would definitely have to see this spectacular lagoon! But from my novice research, it is looking like it will not be a good time to visit due to the moon?..? It looks to me like we will be there during a full moon period. Will it be a waste of time if the light from the moon is too bright? Is my research correct on the timing of the full moon? I believe Jonnybgood (sp) made comment on this particular topic, but curiousity is killing the cat! Also, with the size of my family, what are some recommendations for travel from starfish to lagoon? And, .......(maybe this is not the right forum topic, but I'll give it a shot) Would this be a night where a babysitter would be used for my 5 month old(11 months on travel date) ? Hopefully Starfish has responsible sitters after kid club hours..??

Thanks in advance.

Also, I have a gripe, when I pre-booked the trip to starfish, I was quoted one price, but a week later when I put a deposit down and gave information of traveling party, I was told since my 13 yr old will turn 14 on Dec. 1, I would not be able to fit us all in one cottage! He was considered an adult! I would have to book two rooms or two cottages....I was ready to cry! But I dug deeper into savings account(his) just kidding, and forked over the extra for two cottage rooms(adjoinging supposedly). What a difference a week makes!

No worries- can't sweat the small stuff. This trip for a family of 5 is still cheaper than when me and my wife were at Sandals back in 2000!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: luminous lagoon

Is there a website that I can go to that will show me what the moon will be like on a certain day??

Pa.
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: luminous lagoon

try this link:

stardate.org/nightsky/moon/index.php…

I believe it was posted by Westmoreland a while back.

Get answers to your questions about Falmouth
Recent Conversations