We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isla Canela Or Islantilla

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Isla Canela Or Islantilla

Hello ,we like going to a place with nice beaches ,i was having a look and isla Canela and Islantilla came up

Which one would you recommend ?

Any appartments or hotel that are reasonable?

we dont like nightclubs or anything like that ,just a nice beach and a few activitis

Please help

london
Level Contributor
132 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Isla Canela Or Islantilla

I promise you will not be disappointed with the Atlantico.Friendly, good food and very clean. It is situated on the beach front, miles of soft sand. A few beach bars are on the beach. A free bus will take you to Ayamonte. If you look hard enough you will find tapas bars where the spanish all eat, From there you can get a ferry to portugal for a couple of euros each way.l These run like buses, make sure you have your passport as you have to remember that you are crossing the boarder. Lovely little town there with lots of places to eat and drink, Outside the hotel you have a few bars and a little supermarket. You can get your daily papers from there and also pick up bottle water which is cheaper than the hotel. We have been there twice and have booked again for 2 weeks this year. Enjoy !!! Just remember its not a place with nightclubs etc. you must book the seville trip. excellent day out . Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Ayamonte
Ayamonte
Province of Huelva, Spain
Chinnor, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Isla Canela Or Islantilla

Never been asked for my passport in over 7 years using the ferry or the road bridge. Is this something that's happened very recently?

london
Level Contributor
132 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Isla Canela Or Islantilla

Hi, They advise you carry it as they do random checks. I havent been asked for it either but i have heard of people that have been caught out without it and it casued a lot of problems. The reps also strongly advise you have it with you.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Isla Canela Or Islantilla

I saw people being stopped on the bridge into Portugal but we were going the other way. I suspect it is police looking for people rather than customs checks as theSchengen agreement applies.

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Level Contributor
144 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Isla Canela Or Islantilla

Booked! So any restaurant recommendations for good Tapas. Last time we were in Spain I had tiny little fried squid, I cannot remember the name, but I'm looking forward to finding them again.

chester
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Isla Canela Or Islantilla

Hello,

We are looking at these two places to holiday in May. Can you tell us more about Islantilla please?We were looking at the Asur hotel. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Chinnor, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Isla Canela Or Islantilla

Bumble, for good tapa, just take a walk around Ayamonte, there are so many places and they're all really good. Particularly nice ones opposite Las Angustias church, just off Plaza Laguna. Great coffee etc., to be had in any of the bars in Plaza Laguna (one of our favourite plazas), and just watch the world go by.

Mentioned in this post
Ayamonte
Ayamonte
Province of Huelva, Spain
Manchester
Level Contributor
144 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Isla Canela Or Islantilla

Thank you very much, I shall write that down, i've got a little list going on. I am currently dieting to lose half a stone to put back on via lots of Tapas! 2 weeks to go, I do hope the weather holds out for us.

19. Re: Isla Canela Or Islantilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, April 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Isla Canela
Recent Conversations